Last time asking... Dewax color

Sorry for re-posting this but I’m newish to making distillate this year and have always ended up with green color wax and lipids after winterizing . This last run was different. Is this normal and if anyone can answer why that would be a bonus also.

I think the consensus is “you did good son!”.

what is the problem?

2 Likes

Did you change your ratio of ethanol. You could have had some of your product staying behind with the wax before giving it a different color

1 Like

LoL that’s always nice to hear coming from a peer in the industry thank you. Nothing is wrong I’m just being a 3 year old asking my “parents” why why why all the time since this is all new to me. As much as I would like to believe I did good I’m still questioning it. I didn’t change much from my previous sop other than using the heptane- ethanol. This was after the first stage in filtering and I didn’t even use any activated charcoal, bleaching clay etc yet. @Homegrown34 I mixed 2.5gallons with 500 grams of bho.

1 Like

that is what my waxes usually look like. although only from my hydrocarbon extracts. my ethanol extracts are done cold enough that I don’t winterize. that cake looks like you got the extraction spot on.

as for what you did different? dunno.
that’s why my lab will be full IoT.
I will be able to ask the machines what was done differently, even if the operator didn’t notice.

1 Like

Ok thank you this was all I was looking for. How I feel learning I did good!
imagehttps://media.tenor.com/images/7ca30ddea768e453d3b781b533f6e712/tenor.gif
ms-STDiIo.gif

3 Likes

Awesome! Just want to add I appreciate what you bring to this community. I follow you on here closely and listen to the advice you give. It’s people like you who make me want to further my knowledge and grow.

3 Likes

That’s exactly how they should look m, there’s either none or very lil cannabinoids left. Good job

1 Like