Large scale hemp consultant looking for part time work over the next 2 months while I build my own lab. I charge 150$ an hour

So like I told other dude. Who also got very salty about it. It’s how people are thinking. When they get told thousands of dollars for a consult by future or others, if they saw a guy for 35$ an hour their immediate thought would be “why is he so cheap, I’m suspicious”

So before grabbing the torches and pitchforks. Let’s remember this community is about spreading knowledge and helping others. It wasn’t a diss against him.

4 Likes

And thank you magister for pointing this out. Not sure why the natural inclination is to troll people here.

Brother, you flat out insulted me. There’s no need to back track—I made a comment about how low I’m charging, with zero additional information.

I understand that my price is low, but that’s because I don’t believe that individual consultants are worth $500+ an hour. That’s because I’ve worked with professional engineers, I’ve been involved in the process of design/build for a 30,000 sqft GMP pharma facility from the ground up, I have spoken face-to-face with the FDA and stood by my work in the face of engineering challenges, I have worked on pharma grade WFI, Steam, HVAC, 1.6MW generators, LN2 storage at an industrial capacity—I could sit here for an hour and type all the systems I’ve worked on.

More importantly, though, I have seen the kind of work that an engineer does for $500/hour, sometimes it’s as minimal as running a red pen across a drawing, or telling you that you need this model of fan over that one, or literally googling a spec sheet and emailing it to you. Is that worth $500 to you—or any reasonable person? Fuck Naw.

You want to be suspicious of $35/hour, fantastic. I don’t blame you—but at the very least ask for my qualifications and CV before you assume what degree of assistance I require, or whether calling ‘a professional’ is really going to advance the engineering beyond what it has already been developed to.

Am I a lil salty? Yes, but that’s just how I am dude—sorry.

11 Likes

well sorry you took it the wrong way. I’m sure your highly qualified. I’m just looking for additional work out here.

1 Like

$150/hr for a carbon scrub? lol

10 Likes

That picture was just examples of how product looks at high capacity output even warm washed.

Lab layout, design, sourcing machinery, SOPs, training technicians, sourcing technicians, sourcing machinery at a pretty good discount compared to normal MSRP, helping pull codes and regs from the county and state, sourcing biomass from trusted farmers, designing packaging and logistics, among an assortment of other services.

2 Likes

$35/hour is way too low @TheGratefulPhil

Full time (40 hours/week) that’s only like $70k annually…

6 Likes

Well, I better finish out my current contracts real quick and then give myself a good slap and then start charging more.

13 Likes

I agree, based on what I have seen you post here you seem to really know your stuff and are worth more!

2 Likes

Yup especially when your only getting like 15-20 hours a week. Gotta be able to live off that income.

2 Likes

Yeah I always heard you should charge at minimum 3x the rate you would for full time work to consult

2 Likes

Well folks, first I owe an apology to those I was a dick to—I’m just a grump to begin with.

Secondly, thank you for all the reassurance that I’m undercharging-I just assumed charge slightly more than what I’d take for full time work.

10 Likes

I love how people in legal states look down on black market states. Florida boys have been consulting and improving shit in the industry forever. We have actual dangers and risks.

7 Likes

Speak the truth QMA. I actually built Florida’s FIRST legal extraction lab for cannabis. Then we struggled to find guys in FL with experience to bring on to help me but struggled cause all the best OGs have felonies unfortunately

3 Likes

My mom always said to tell the truth and always apologize. Things will always turn out ok. Sorry guys! Didnt mean to insult and offend. You guys rock! BYW, I’m black state. However, the best thing that came out of this thread is Mr Phill is going to start getting mother fuckin paid!!! Amen!

6 Likes

Planning out machines required and sourcing them for a discount seems to be the largest need. Deciding what direction to go for the money they have and capacity they are aiming for. And then designing lab lay out. Actual operation is fairly straight forward once you have the exact temps and times etc

Since everyone keeps asking. The crude pictured is a final product and not diluted with ethanol.

I’m from Florida, then to colorado, now oregon. 35 is way too low. That’s crazy actually, no offense.

1 Like

Theres errors in communication here, I suspect. the 150$ or 500$ an hour is a price for direct time taken, like for phone calls, Direct document and data generation, and actual Consult work. 35$ is the price of general technician work after a seperate consulting contract is outlayed. at least thats how weve structured things before.

Also, Anyone with a solution to a problem has the ability to leverage that solution. Any consultant is legitimate if their advice is right on. A bunch of people irl and in here like to pretend that any consultant who doesnt have the accolades of academia isnt legitamant. While they may not be the ultimate best source theoretically possible, If their advice yields beneficial desired results, then everyone gets paid and lives are improved.

9 Likes

I’m scaling to 750-1000# a day this fall- ethanol. Just locked the warehouse down, Get at me.

2 Likes