Lab testing for hemp

Looking for reputable companies for mail in Analytical Testing of hemp in the United States. Looking for prices for an ongoing contract for multiple farmers.

There are lots of them out there, we use Proverde labs

1 Like

I highly recommend ACS laboratory out of Florida. They are an accredited lab and are ISO certified. https://acslabcannabis.com/ We have been using them almost exclusively now.

1 Like

ill second that, Pro Verde has been the most accurate lab for us so far, not cheap tho.

2 Likes

I’ve had good experiences with Desert Valley Testing out of AZ, if you’re looking for something reasonably priced.
However, an ISO 17025 lab is always preferred if you’re willing to spend the extra $.

2 Likes

Trace Analytics, Pro Verde, and Botanacor are all solid choices.

If reputation were no object, I would start with the closest lab willing to work with you. Testing is a LIFE SAVER. We would be lost without in-house testing. Because it’s hemp, you may not need to work with a cannabis specific lab. Make calls to local labs and “take their temperature,” / feel the vibe.

May not be totally relevant, just my thought.

1 Like

So I sent my sample to a lab and they where saying something like mostly cbc some delta 8 and cbn ? 44% undetermined cannboids ? Is this possible?

lol i would find a new lab…

2 Likes

Any recommendations? @organicmechanic206

pro verde or evio labs

1 Like

Ask what reference standards they have in their library. If they say ‘what?’ Go elsewhere.

4 Likes

Evio, at least in Oregon, is terrible, and I would not recommend them.

1 Like

Currently using Botanacor they cost $55 per cannabinoid profile

1 Like

why do you say that?

Very inconsistent and often overinflated results. We had concentrate tested by them, formulated into tincture, tested again (by them) and were nearly 15% above our target mark. When confronted, they offered to look at it again and eventually after hours of arguing over the phone and explaining basic math, they blamed it on technician error. It cost us months of time and lots of money. Typically, their potencies have been 5-10% higher than what in-house analytics were reading, and when we sent samples of material they tested to other labs, we always got vastly different results.

Granted, this has been experienced by myself and many I know at nearly every lab represented in the state. Not sure there is really any one of them I implicitly trust.

3 Likes

I am with you 100% it is frustrating to say the least, i want to be as honest and upfront with my work as possible but when i can send the same sample to 10 different labs and get 10 different results it means nothing…unfortunately the board of directors and customers demand consistant results which are a pipe dream at this point. Logic says go with the lab giving you what you need to see, morals say that lab is full of shit and just glad to take my money…what gives?

2 Likes