Lab cart for centrifuge

Hi, I am looking for suggestions for a cart that I can put my centrifuge on. Preferably with wheels

use the search bar

3 Likes

thanks for the expert advise

4 Likes

@Labrat1987 how big is the centrifuge?
@Psilisophical I don’t believe this topic has been discussed here, While he is just looking for solutions for a cart some things should be considered such as centrifuge size, locking wheels. self leveling ext.

2 Likes

The centrifuge is an Allegra x-15R from Beckman Coulter
Width - 30 in.
Depth 24.5 in.
Height - 13.5 in.

Also, I feel it is important to mention that I have had two separate carts on order that have been discontinued for “remodeling”. I assume these carts are problematic. I am not being lazy about looking for a cart I just want some advice from someone who may have found a good one.

Thank you!

1 Like

Cart is going to wobble and not be stable. I have to bolt mine to the floor

2 Likes

you got a weight on that? We have a few we built tables for that purpose, make sure its sturdy. If your creative you could make it with a mig welder and some angle iron followed by some plywood or a laminate counter top.
you may want to consider accessory’s like a scale area to weigh/load media bottles and tubes, and perhaps some storage.

Yes i ran into this same problem. The table i wanted to use was giving me imbalance errors

@Psilisophical actually is an expert…and it was solid advice. So…

This is a big centrifuge. its 283 pounds. Maybe i will have something custom built. I think if someone started manufacturing sturdy tables there is a market for these

not interested in measuring dick size. go away

:rofl::kissing_heart: couldn’t help myself

1 Like

understood :slight_smile:

1 Like

And for being a good sport…

These guys make the best one I know of.

1 Like

Thank you sir. i will check it out

Excuse me, I misread the original post. apologies @Labrat1987 Someone asks centrifuge sources every day so my eyes gloss over .

Youll defintely need siesmic or vibration dampeners, you shouldnt have to bolt it to the ground, even though thats not a bad idea for safety

@WolfeXtracts I appreciate the words but I was in the wrong

3 Likes

The table we built has something like 300 ish lbs on it, if you have an idea of what you want we could fabricate it for you.Where are you located? We are in Fresno Ca.

I was really just fooling around a bit lol

1 Like

Any particular reason you would want a cart for it? I wouldn’t think a centrifuge would be a piece of equipment that needs to be moved around often.

No worries! thanks for the help