Know your enemy (Fungus Gnats)

That’s what I rock. I just keep a dunk in each res.

Mosquito bits in your soil blend work great too.

2 Likes

I don’t like the corn bIt’s but yeah same exact shit. I buy Gnatrol in 5 gallon buckets. It’s one of the pricier IPM components not that any of it is cheap lol.

1 Like

I used to just pour (eyeball) bt granules in a milk jug of ph’d water. Shake well. Let sit 24hrs, then use as needed.

https://www.valentbiosciences.com/publichealth/products/

I battelled these little bastards for years and tried everything, neem oil drenches, DE, fans, insecticides, spent a ton of money. I moved to Nectar For The Gods soil (#4) and just don’t see them anymore. When I get a clone from my buddy that has them I just put SLF-100 to them , which I use anyway and they are gone almost immediately. If I had known earlier to switch from FF to nectar (same price) and all my troubles would go away …ahhh…the time…the money…the loss of production and quality …so sad …LOL

1 Like

Word, sometimes the best thing you can do is change your practices rather than trying to address a problem with chemical controls and overthinking things.

1 Like

Gnatrol or mosquito dunks

Get sticky cards to track population

1 Like

DE never worked for me. Dryer sheets repel them, pyroligneous acid sprayed or drench kills them.

Hypoaspis miles was renamed to Stratiolaelaps scimitus a few years ago. As long as you aren’t running a sterile root zone, they will start working after a couple weeks and keep them under control until you discard your growing medium.

1 Like

Wrap your containers with frost clothe. Also adding a layer of vermiculite to liner trays helps.

1 Like