Just had a very interesting conversation with one of the sick kids....

I watched breaking bad my bro. I don’t know about you but I’m ready to be a chemist as soon as I stay in a Holliday inn. What else is there to learn.

13 Likes

The best Chemginers that i know all started playing with drums first and got education after.

4 Likes

Chemgineer… I like that.

1 Like

All I sell is d8, never had anyone complain about anything of this sort.

If there were toxic isomerization byproducts I’m sure at least one of my clients would have had some health issues over the past couple years of me doing seshes and no one has ever had 1 complaint.

Note : I’ve always used t41 or t5 for the reaction

4 Likes

Most ppl dont make d8 like this though.

They use t5 or t41 in the flask

When you gave that consult on d8 and made rosé you used t41 didnt you?

Exactly my point

Most ppl arent going to do that complicated reaction when you can throw t5 or t41 in the flask and get a 70% conversion

I bet ppl arent packing their heads and getting t41 / t5 in there end product.

3 Likes

I bet your wrong, distillation is the best way for legit and professional companies to do it. I don’t think that IF it has something to with this they did it that way. Search isomeration in the search field and here’s what pops up as a top result

That’s why I made the statement don’t think about how you and I would do it, but what tools and info do black market or fly by night have?

2 Likes

The original SOP used carbon, ask @Photon_noir he came up with the original water clear d8 recipe.

I bet you I’m right

I get ppl who hit me up all the time asking about c bleach and carbon for d8

Never once have I had someone hmu asking about H2SO4 or even Tosic acid for ANY reaction

Most ppl dont know about those patents

You can google delta 8 and find columbos SOP to make it from c bleach

Note: I’ve been doing consults on water clear d8 for over 2 years

3 Likes

Hospital smell makes me think of a plastic cartridge

4 Likes

Looks like we can only edit twice

I meant prior to distilling here.

2 Likes

Lol you probably are right. I don’t know anything about the black market. I’m just looking at it from the angle of an average undereducated user can attempt it and with success without distillation, so maybe I’m not giving illegal operations enough credit. Was never attempting to point fingers or question anyone’s procedures. This situation is effecting multiple industries and costing lives and jobs so when people get close minded and think “well that’s not how I do it, so there’s no way people could be doing it any other way” I get a little agitated. But I’m not a medical doctor or black market extractor. Just figured maybe if we had some information that could help solve this situation this is the best website to do that. I’ll stop communicating on the matter not really my place anyway

4 Likes

Just for the record, I never used that method. That was one of my first posts on the forum, long before I knew what I know now. 100% of the d8 I’ve made has been with adsorbants as part of a distillation. I’ve done it with an without packing. The one time I did it without I did end up with cbleach in my distillate. I ended up going in for a third pass to clean it up.

8 Likes

I still use a specific brand AC reflux and distilate almost 95% conversion
Formula from @richpel

6 Likes

Aw cmon @richpel @Roguelab lemme know what kind of ac please?!

5 Likes

I heard citric acid works well for high d8 conversion.

I think the secret for high yield is refluxing it

The highest conversion I’ve gotten in the flask is 75% using t5 / t41

3 Likes

I’ve heard that too. Also heard you can get very good conversion with just dialing in time and temperature, no distillation needed

Yabbut @Roguelab said ac so I’m wondering what kinda ac they using?

Probably acidic AC since we need an acid

4 Likes

He mentioned it being a specific brand…

2 Likes

https://activatedcarbon.com/products/catalytic-activated-carbon/

1 Like

Me and my big mouth :angry:
Ok my guess is any carbon should do the trick indeed refluxing for some hours at a temp higher than decarboxilating then distilling from the same flask with content
Using fiberglas as scrubies in the head and no reflux in the head keeps
Carbon out so a slow run

4 Likes