Just a question

What would be the size of the average hemp extraction lab? When I say size…I mean volume (lbs) extracted in a 10 hour day.

Thank you for the answers in advance

1 Like

I have visit a few in the pass, i would say at least 20kg/day of distillate.
If smaller, i don’t think i will be profitable.
Most of lab I visit with wipe film got 20kg-50kg production rate.
And I think that would be the sweet point for profitability, since you don’t need to invest million dollars to build it, and you still have really reasonable return. The key is you don’t need high tech people to run it for you. DM me if you interested in the general cost of lab that produce 20kg of distillate per day.

Pffff been calculating for months now
And we have decided that
Asuming that hemp (cbd) Will become a commodity product and prices drop most lickely automation Will be nessesary
This with existing equipment and pricetag for iT has our bare minimum daily extraction rate set at 5000 lbs a day GMP
Licensed that is
Making a normal Return on investment nothing fancy

That depends. Are you looking to just sell concentrate, or are you planning on processing into tinctures/vape/tropicales as well? The latter is probably your safer bet unless you have hundreds of thousands if not millions in capital to invest in an oil refinery.

1 Like

I have to agree with you on the 5000 lbs a day…actually think it might need to be double that.
Its the labs that can turn put pure full spectrum THC free oil…and be able to do that without diluting the hell out of it. True separation of cannabinoids. Maybe add some chemistry in there and figure out how to make CBG CBN etc…