Job offered in manufacturing

Sorry to anger so many with my offer to hire those individuals just starting out.

This ad was for an extraction apprentice. It also stated that I’d like to see a candidate with chemistry classes in his background from an accredited college. My ad did not state a degree in chemistry. I have a lead operator with processes already in place. This candidate will only have to follow SOP‘s for ethanol extraction. My company offers medical insurance and chance of advancement once the apprentice has shown a value. We are not looking for an experienced operator with a chemistry degree at $15. We are looking for a motivated individual with and aptitude for extraction and some knowledge of chemistry.

8 Likes

:clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

That Instagram tho!

Hey c’mon guys this guy came here with something to give to the community no need to bash him for not meeting our standards…we should be more professional about it…maybe for some guys its a fit…I remember a long time ago when I was low skilled I wanted to be photons noir student but couldn’t afford it…I wouldve jumped on a offer like this for the knowledge it would bring

3 Likes

I wish it weren’t somewhere as expensive as LA or I’d probably hop on it. With an agreement for revaluation 90 days in and an agreed upon raise of I’m meeting or exceeding expectation.
Edit: if anyone has a similar offer (preferable in the Midwest but I’ll go anywhere with reasonable cost of living) shoot me a DM :wink:

2 Likes

It’s cause it is a black market job in LA. LA extractors are killing it right now what with the pens and you guys trying to nudge liters back over 6k. The cost of living out there is MASSIVE. You wanna use this employee as a jack of all trades, probably lifting heavy items.

If feds kick the door down that kid has to deal with court fees and risk for 15 an hour.

I’m not gonna make fun of you, because I saw worse in colorado. Jobs where people had to pay for a license, get a background check, and have the risk of getting robbed at gunpoint paid minimum wage (10 per hour). Managers getting paid 12.50 an hour.

I am gonna make fun of the people that take those jobs though. Especially if you paid for a license. Why did you pay uncle sam so you can make some other drug dealer money? Some people will hold those wack licenses to work above their wellbeing. Some employers force salaried employees on over 40 hour work weeks. If you are letting people take advantage of your interests you are not winning.

This is still a black market. All of it. Not getting paid in real checks but still have to pay real taxes, that’s a lick.

8 Likes

Real tho

I think you’re still not really getting it. $15/hour for a cannabis manufacturing job, even assistant level, is clearly an exploitative rip-off. $25-30 minimum. $50-75 for experience.The reason you are getting such extreme responses is because you are exploiting people. You will retain nobody.

4 Likes

Yo! 50 bucks? I got a great resume and excellent work ethic. Fires of the PacNorthWest couldnt burn me nor could the frigid water of the Bearing Sea pull me under.

McDonalds pays 15 an hour in Tacoma WA. They cant make 1,000,000 in product on a daily basis though. People should just choke already on their greed.

Are you still hiring at this company. $15 per hour is way out of my league for the knowledge I obtain in this industry. 2 years laboratory technician experience.

Preparation of bio mass for extraction. Grinding bio mass, logging of material weight, disposal of bio mass.
C02 extraction, maintaining, diagnosing and fixing extractor machines. Loading and unloading extractor vessels. Harvesting crude oil, diluting crude oil with ethanol. Winterizing of crude oil and filtering crude oil using Histchrom/Drain Droid. Knowledge of Hotchstrom filtering. Filling/draining Hotchstrom and pump maintenance. Silica filtering method. Carbon scrubbing, formulating carbon to oil ratio, loading and draining of carbon scrubbing reactor and maintenance of reactor/chiller. Filtering of carbon, Roto evaporator. decarboxylation of crude, harvesting rotovap solvents and pouring rotovap crude oil and prepping for distillation Water washing with citric acid/silica gel using a reactor. Maintenance of Water washing reactor and chiller/heater. Column chromatography and handling of heptane , pentane, hexane and magsil etc… Reverse column chromatography.
Knowledge of Delta Alcohol Extraction. Lenticular filtering. And much more.

I agree. My first lab gig was in 2011 scrubbing floors for $13.50 an hour. Within 8 months I was the Lab Manager. This man is offering a foot in the door to the industry…if you’re endowed with competency and work ethic the opportunity is the only other thing one needs to be successful.

1 Like

To those saying 15 an hour is too low for a chemistry degree entry level position in LA - well, it is low (I mean those are inn-n-out wages) but at the same time if you went into chemistry expecting the big bucks, you entered the wrong field

For those with some formal chemistry education, self teaching the processes could make sense, but at the same time that doesn’t exactly translate into learning Good Manufacturing Process, OSHA guidelines, regulatory compliance, track and trace system, Good Documentation Practices, production at scale etc. there is something to be said for obtaining some professional experience in a regulated industry leveraging a chemistry background (fuels, medicine, pharmaceuticals etc). Just my $0.02