“It happened to our daughter” canadian blogger’sdaughter commits suicide, family launches awareness campaign blaming marijuna concentrates

Very sad story

I’m sure it had nothing to do with the parents…blame the weed

4 Likes

Always a sad situation when someone takes there life, but odds are she had underlying mental illness that actually drove her to do this. Could cannabis amplify mental illness? Possibly, I think any drug has that potential. To just blame it on weed is classic reefer madness tactics

16 Likes

I can be terribly insensitive like 99% of the time so excuse me

On another note I can’t stand it when people blame everything but themselves

3 Likes

“They’re smoking distillates and vapes and resins and waxes and dabs and things called shatter. They’re smoking laboratory creations meant to drive addiction and set off dopamine avalanches in their still developing brains.”

Ya ok Karen. These are made to addict kids. People are so dumb

3 Likes

Without knowing the family personally I can’t comment on their parenting. But I know that the family unit (in most homes) sure isn’t what it used to be. That’s why our youth are the way they are now…

And social media.

4 Likes

Neuroplasticity is real. Kids shouldn’t be using. Honestly even people below 25 should take it easy on substance use. It can really trigger some weird shit while the brain is still very malleable.

I’ve seen some people, especially young people, really change with chronic substance use, weed and otherwise. :man_shrugging:

Take care of your brain, you only got one

19 Likes

I must be an exception

Everyday smoker since 13
I was 10 when the weed gods first blessed me

2 Likes

No most people I know are the same story.

Maybe with other drugs. But weed not so much

2 Likes

gee thanks for bursting my bubble

2 Likes

sowwy

2 Likes

Started at 13 full time cheefer by 15-16. Besides all the handjob jokes, I think I’m pretty normal.

3 Likes

we are normally fucked up

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s certainly some combination of neurological/genetic/circumstantial factors at play.

There’s been links to usage and development of anxiety disorders, suicide rates, and emotional deregulation. As well as just the usual issues of being too baked to do well in school.

Correlation=//= causation either, those drawn to substance abuse often have underlying neurological issues. But either way, it certainly doesn’t seem to help anything.

What makes everything worse is that the world’s fucked and people’s futures are looking tougher by the day, if that isn’t reason to be baked then I don’t know what is

11 Likes

They call it self medication for a reason.

3 Likes

Preach.

4 Likes

I can’t imagine the pain this mom is going through.

I hope she can find solace in the millions and millions of people the drug really is helping(in concentrated form)

3 Likes

I feel for them, but I just can’t blame the concentrates. Social media is destroying our youth.

7 Likes

Not even just the youth. It’s ruining everyone…imo

There is a reason this is my only form of social media.

10 Likes

“In the late fall of 2020, Mila wrote in her diary about her frustration with lockdowns and her dwindling friend group. According to the mandates in our province, she wasn’t supposed to be socializing at all. Some parents forbade their kids from participating in the clandestine friend gatherings. In her small friend group, their get togethers often involved smoking and consuming drugs. She wrote of her boyfriend, and other friends, always being high on pens and that she was “pissed off” because their limited interactions were wasteful for her - other kids high and laughing and her sitting there “bored”.”

Looks like maybe COVID lockdown deserves the same amount of the blame as the cannabis, likely more

22 Likes