Apologies in advance as I know this is a newbie question here, but I have scoured the forums and not found the precise info I’m after, or (more likely) I have not been able to interpret it properly. I am interested in converting a small quantity of CBD isolate powder into Δ8/9.
I previously tried using some Amazon-ordered activated bleaching earth + MCT oil at 100C for ~30min. This definitely did result in some conversion, but left a horrible smell and taste. I filtered 3 times and it improved, but was still quite fecund and not really something you’d want to consume.
This brings me to experiment 2. I have acquired some T41 C-Bleach I’d like to try with. Here are my questions:
- What should I dissolve the CBD isolate into? An edible oil? I’ve seen ethanol mentioned, but I don’t think the solution could reach the required temperatures for isomerization - maybe I’m wrong on that.
- Most importantly, if this is destined to be in edible oil form, is it sufficient to simply filter the resultant slurry? I don’t really have the quantity or chemistry knowledge (yet) to try fractional distillation.
Here is my proposed SOP:
- Dissolve 1g CBD isolate into 50ml high-quality MCT
- Heat in small flask with stir bar to 100C
- Add 2.5g C-Bleach
- Continue stirring at 100C for 30 min.
- Filter with 11micron paper
My hope was that these clays would provide a less difficult means of isomerization (compared to using something like sulfuric acid). Again, apologies for my naivete - I have been reading a lot and deeply appreciate the accumulated knowledge in these forums.
Thanks for any info you can offer.