Isolate in Crude?

Hey everyone,

We have a few kilos of gross isolate we have been sitting on and haven’t been able to do much with. We aren’t equipped to handle pentane in the volume required for re-crystallizing and yield isn’t our biggest concern with this stuff - we just want to use it for something.

What do you guys think about adding some of this isolate to our crude when distilling? I figure if I melted it into the crude I should be able to just distill it over with the cannabinoids in the crude. What about just running all of it in the flask instead of crude? I feel like there is a major downside to this approach that I am not seeing, please let me know!

Thanks

When you say “gross”, what do you mean by that?

Pentane smell, poor color, probably 95% potency. It needs to be recrystallized, but we aren’t equipped to handle that unfortunately…

All options mentioned are possible
I would keep it seperate frome crude thou
I would melt in An oven (MP 62C) then place in shortpath and do a high vacuum distillation
Really do effort to do this under as high a vacuum you can
I would still use a swing arm for the last fraqtion yust to. Make sure you can split
If there are any dirty tails
Have you tryied rinsing them with cold pentane ?
Sometimes most of the " dirt " is on the outside

4 Likes

I’ll bet you can up the purity to 98% at least throwing it in the shortpath. Some of the THC guys are getting those number total cannabinoids through careful distillation. Take some pics and share results through the process like head temps, I’ve always been curious about how this would go.

3 Likes

@Roguelab I thought about rinsing over a filter, just have a lot of material to get through!

@coppertop I think I might give it a try! This will be fun :grinning:

1 Like