ISO water soluble tech

We are a licensed MIP and we are currently already producing water soluble distillate, and are happy with it, but we are looking for a back up SOP pretty much. We have already purchased IP from one company, but I just hate the idea of having all of our eggs in one basket.

We have several products that rely on water-soluble THC distillate and they are gaining traction in our market, so if anything were to happen to the company we currently buy our surfactants/IP from, we would be SOL. That is why we are looking for a back up plan.

Obviously, we will pay for your time. Not looking for any free rides.
My understanding of chemistry is just not at a high enough level to figure this stuff out, nor do I have the time.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Its time for a community SOP for water soluble! so many great uses we could all benefit from!!

6 Likes

Hey, you wouldn’t hear any complaints here lol. It would definitely help a lotta people.

1 Like

bump.

When I was doing some “research” on water soluble thc I found this one company that does it with sonification. There is a link for a consultation on their website. They’re are in California but I imagine the cost of travel won’t be too much on top of a consultation. I’ll link the company and the page with their info. Hope this helps.

https://leherbe.com/knowledge-center/experiment/emulsification

1 Like

Thank you!! I am going to check em out.
I appreciate ya.

1 Like

bumppp.
still looking for a new method of making THC Distillate water soluble.

Anyone?

I’m still using technology from suspensions in pharma. I don’t have a special supplier for my emulsification reagents - I get them from the same companies I did back in the pharma days, they are food or pharma grade.

It sounds like you are doing the same thing, but perhaps buying white labeled reagents?

I’m hoping to try a couple of other methods this year at lab scale - if I can find lab scale equipment to do the work. Honestly, that has been the hardest part of all this. I’m on the THC side and no one is asking me to make 60,000 gallon batches of these things. So I have to find much smaller equipment and hope that it does the trick at smaller scale. Even now I’m having a hard time finding a granulator that is small than say 1,000 gallons. x.X

I think most people are using emulsions and encapsulation (at least from their marketing…).

This year if I can find smaller equipment, I’m going to try powder dispersion and granulation. Both of these will start with a mix, move to a dry, and that dry then will be mixed into whatever I’m making. Both methods worked for me to various degrees with other non-water soluble APIs - so why not try them with THC? :slight_smile:

Seems like most people are still talking about doing the same things. You working on anything new - or just looking to get the tek from others?

Yep, you nailed it. We are doing an encapsulation process, and buying reagents from a company who sold us their SOP.

We are mainly an infused product manufacturer, so we don’t have really have the equipment, training, or spare time to create our own method of doing this. So we are hoping to find another company similar to the one we are working with now, that will allow us to purchase their SOP and training.

I am sure finding anyone that’s wanting to make 1000gallon+ batches is a real struggle in the MJ/THC industry. We are doing small batches, usually just 10L at a time.