Iso advice on diamonds and what I am doing wrong

The above photos show more of the “Jelly” Tech. Some how got there when I was shooting for diamonds. Don’t know if I am just going wrong with my solvent ratio when putting it into the jar, or what. Any guidance is appreciated.

Currently running outdoor trim to get processes dialed in.

1 Like

Did you use fresh trim and extract really cold?

Trim is a couple days old. And yes. Running all solvent through coil sitting in iso and dry ice.

This is after 1 week with no sauce left in the jar and no further growth. Currently looking at ordering parts needed for only the strong sauce tek

What was the consistency of the mother liquor when you capped?

1 Like

The first batch was still and more solid/less of a liquid. Current batches are more of a sauce but still getting the liquid on the top of the crystals (more of a sugar) lining the bottom of the jar.

It looks like what everyone is calling hot jar tek. Try leaving a little more solvent in when you cap. It needs to be pretty runny to grow actual stones from my experience

4 Likes

I get a consistency, the terp layer above the sandy sugar stuff, like this when it’s about the viscosity of warm honey.

When I’m shooting for bigger crystals, I leave more solvent in, but it takes longer.

So essentially so I am understanding where I am going wrong is with the solvent levels in leaving the jar loose capped and letting too much boil off.

3 Likes

I think so, you can leave a bit more solvent before you tighten up the cap.

1 Like

Also, totally dependent on trim. Some fresh trim I get has tons of thca and make good stones. Other stuff just as fresh makes little stones and tons of strong sauce. I assume because it was more d9 and less thca. My 2¢

4 Likes