Is your biggest pain/annoyance when it comes your analytical testing lab?

yeah accuracy is my biggest pain. turnaround time is a close second. cost is a B of course too. we do use ISO-certified labs yes.

accuracy is a shitshow, we’ve tested labs with the same exact sample under a different label, same sample to different labs, etc etc–dependable 5-10% variance. i know i’m not the only one that finds that fucking maddening–disruptive to R&D/dialing in processes, to sales (whether buying trim or selling distillate), I could go on but don’t feel I need to as these complaints are widespread

2 Likes

If you are looking for acuracy, you should send the samples to me. :face_with_monocle: :switzerland:

5 Likes

Are you located in Switzerland? if so there are a more than a few laws that will prevent me from doing this :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

XD you know I want to! I wanna visit too!

2 Likes

This… 100 times over.

2 Likes

At at ~$100 per test if you’re just doing potency it doesn’t take long to pay for in-house analytics - and you can get results you can trust* in 6-7 minutes, or under 30 including sample prep.

Your mileage may vary, this is very operator dependant, etc.

4 Likes

@superluvdub Maybe you should pay for an actual consultant instead of fishing for free shit all over the internet :spoon: we all know you intend to take all that free info and make a LIMS that you can turn around and charge a premium for. That’s what grinds my gears about your types, you have zero experience in the way of actually working in or operating a lab yet you are a software developer that wants to help solve lab problems…but we have to tell you what the problems are.

Edit: I was totally off base here and was a total asshole. I brought negative energy into this conversation which did nothing good. My apologies to the people here, and to the original poster and their colleagues.

2 Likes

@IonStorm Let the man/woman fish.

He/she is a developer.

Let’s break that down into today’s terms.

1. Develops buildings/communities
  2. Develops software / programmed solutions

Clearly option 1 isn’t logical to the discussion.
Software developers are begging to put their skills to use but without practice are in this position. Asking for openings on how they can do a better job earning our business without actual real world experience.

We both know they’re facing an uphill battle fishing in these waters anyways. A lot of sharks.

How many people do you know that have both extraction and programming experience? :thinking:

I can think of only myself and maybe @pdxcanna?
Maybe @thesk8nmidget ? Maybe @sisu

These are only maybe.
How many labs are hiring programmers or IT wizards?

You need them as much as they need you in this scenario chief. Unless you wanna go work on a computer all day yourself

First thing they said is they weren’t a hater. Hoping for peace. Let’s give them some peace man

3 Likes

Me. I’ve worked in multiple labs spanning several industries, including cannabis (analytics and extraction. I now work as a professional software developer.

2 Likes

Do you wanna work on more projects? Do you think your experience deserves someone else’s opportunities when they pursued them?

Let everyone eat. Let’s talk about your strengths and how I can try and find you leads too. We’re all in this together.

I’m used to leading 5-30 developers on projects. It’s great to see more reach out. You can still too.

3 Likes

That’s fair. But personally, I’m over giving out :spoon:

2 Likes

I’m like a watermelon surrounded by rubber bands being added when it comes to that subject. So I relate. @IonStorm

I can copy/paste code to stitch something together, but design is a much more comfortable niche

1 Like

It was just a nice moment to bring up computer wizards are here and I’m not alone.

2 Likes

I actually have access to this at my location. Super convenient but I still use @kcalabs alot due to their exceptional technical expertise and customer service.

1 Like

Kaycha labs is broken. Standards are wildly different

1 Like

Kaycha just straight up lies lol

2 Likes

Someone ought to echo chamber that.

This is a fun conversation, personally, as a pedestrian.

@CBDExportInc , Yes Kaycha worst experience with them, how are they allowed to operate??. I had product sent to accredited labs and everyone was with in 5% of each other. They were like 15% different. Not only that same product sent to them 2x and each time it tested differently.

A cracker Monkey :monkey: lab. :-1::-1:

1 Like

Having a third party lab in your back pocket is pretty much mandatory as far as I’m concerned. Validation, sanity checks, etc, are all very helpful.

And of course required by the regulator.

But if you’re doing process R&D, it’s hard to justify taking multiple samples per run, or every 5 minutes, or on some other heavy duty frequency if you’re paying many dollars and waiting many days per test.

Speed of iterating is far more important than the cost as far as I’m concerned. ~30 minutes beats 24 hours, even if the costs were the same.

6 Likes