Is the market for minors really there?

, ,

People have been scaling up CBG since last year pretty dramatically and of course I get inquiries on making CBN left and right. However, when I go the average CBD store in person (not that I make a habit out of it), I don’t really see products using these cannabinoids for sale retail. Nor does there seem to be much consumer awareness of what these products actually DO. If you are in the trade on minors, are you actually succeeding in selling all that you make? Or are people outpacing demand at this point?

And can anyone who actually uses CBG, CBC, or CBN tell me what objective effects it has on them?

2 Likes

@thesk8nmidget uses them in his products, and I bet he’s done some in-house testing. I, personally, am not currently selling these cannabinoids (or any cannabinoids for that matter), but I can say that I rather enjoy consuming concentrates that have higher levels of minor cannabinoids. Still have yet to try the isolated versions, but if someone wants to send me samples…

1 Like

We specialize in CBD Isolate and have processed ~200kg of CBG Isolate this year.

CBG has been up and down for me personally. Seems like a solid minor to blend into a product or distillate.

I‘ve heard a bit about CBG Distillate

1 Like

My honest opinion is 100% yes.

As a smoker I look at the tobacco market and nicotine vape market. Flavors. Blends. Strengths. All come into play.

Our market isn’t much different. Except we have more chemicals (cbd, CBG, CBN, etc) to mix in. Different flavors (terpenes)

But the blend is where the money will be in the future.

Like camel. Half American half Turkish blends. Full Turkish blends. Lights. Reds. 100s.

The big picture is the final products using them as ingredients.

Honestly d8/CBN carts fucking bang for some reason. Just testing out tons of different products.

1 Like

Do you currently have such products for sale retail?

1 Like

I’m consuming such products I had ordered online shipped to me.

Real banana og terpenes. CBN d8 carts smack

I paid $5/each for these .5mls

They’re killing it.

@Akoyeh
Dude come by and grab some samples this week!

@MagisterChemist

Currently the lab I manage uses about 2-4kgs of CBN a month. Its all for one client, This is a custom blend using all isolates.

Personally I also own a CBD tincture business that has 3 product lines, a daytime formula using cbd with cbg, and night time formula using cbd with cbn, and a pet line using only cbd. Here’s a link to our test results

We spend a TON of our efforts trying to educate the consumers using blog posts and sharing information that we feel will help consumers feel more comfortable spending a little extra cash on the minors, we also made it very clear with our product names/pricing/marketing that the added minors are what causes the differing effects for consumers.
Heres our blog: https://timberlinecbd.com/blog/

I would say that 95% of consumers have ZERO knowledge of anything besides cbd and thc until they read about our products or we tell them about it.

Once they try it though they almost all can tell there is a noticeable difference from the other cbd they have tried. especially with the CBN, that is one that gets the most OH MY GOD reaction from quality of sleep ad lack of drowsiness the following day.

2 Likes

It’s gonna be a slow crawl, but the market will assuredly grow. Half of the U.S. can’t even get cannabis products, so the market is in its infancy.

We’re also 2-3 years ahead of the curve on this site. Once more studies get releases and more products get more anecdotal evidence the demand will pick up.

Anxiety, insomnia, pain; these are all multi billion dollar industries with many people taking dozens of pills per week to manage symptoms. I think cannabanoids provide a (likely) much healthier route towards wellness.

6 Likes

If the market isn’t there, create it!

I would like some chemovar V plants high in THCv, CBDv and CBC.

6 Likes

My nose and eyes. :triumph: Fuck these smack for hemp carts.

+1 on the THCV… I’d take 100mg/day if it wasn’t insanely expensive

1 Like

I would take real THCv, not the garbage non-psychoactive CBDv converted to D8THCv making the rounds these days.

4 Likes

You mean that pink crystal? Can we get a side by side shot

Do eet! I’ve only tried it from high yielding MED+REC cultivars

Non-psychoactive D8THCv from LULACBD

3 Likes

D8 thcv has no effects? That’s kind of weird. Or do you mean just “non intoxicating”. I would think it must have some receptor activity.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s not thcv I see. Pink crystal

2 Likes

Still, does it reduce your appetite ?

1 Like

Nope. It does nothing even 3-4 huge dabs in and I’m a lightweight.

I’m sure there might be some entourage effect with D8/D9, but by itself, it is non-intoxicating and has no noticeable physical effect.

2 Likes