Is National Legalization Coming Soon?

With the Koch networking now entering the Arena it seems inevitable. This year we have seen the formation 3 extremely powerful industry groups in as many months.

Let’s start with the
Cannabis Freedom Alliance made up of

• Americans for Prosperity aka Koch Network The group rivals and is even larger than the Actual GOP in terms of its size, scope & spending.
  • Reason Foundation, a libertarian think tank.
  • Global Alliance for Cannabis Commerce, which is run by a former staffer of Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul.
  • The Weldon Project, a nonprofit dedicated to getting people with marijuana convictions out of prison

This group I believe has the most potential to change the landscape as most resistance to legalization comes from Conservatives & Americans for Prosperity has enormous influence among them. What stands out to me the most about this group is Koch’s expressed desire for interstate commerce, lowering the tax rate & barriers to entry to allow people to transition from the Traditional to the Regulated Market.

Next up

Coalition for Cannabis Policy, Education and Regulation
Made up of

• Altria Client Services, the producer of Marlboro cigarettes.
  • Constellation Brands, Producer of Corona
  • Molson Coors Beverage Co., a beermaker.
  • The Brink’s Co., a private security firm.
  • National Association of Convenience Stores.
  • The Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers.
  • Convenience Distribution Association.

This group is not to be overlooked either as it’s backed by Big Alcohol & Tobacco who’s lobbyist I would argue have the most experience in this space “Post Prohibition Regulations” of potentially harmful substances. As they have over 4 Billion invested in the Cannabis Industry they have vested interest in this.

Last but not least
U.S Cannabis Council

• Acreage Holdings
  • Akerna Corp.
  • American Trade Association of Cannabis and Hemp
  • Association for Cannabis Health Equity and Medicine
  • BellRock Brands
  • Bridge City Collective
  • Buckeye Relief
  • Cannabis Trade Federation
  • Cannabis Voter Project
  • CanCore Concepts
  • Canopy Growth Corporation
  • Central Coast Agriculture
  • Columbia Care Inc.
  • Cresco Labs Inc.
  • Council for Federal Cannabis Regulation
  • Cronos Group
  • Curaleaf
  • DNA Genetics
  • Eaze
  • Flowhub
  • Good Chemistry
  • Holistic Industries Inc
  • HuschBlackwell
  • iAnthus Capital Holdings, Inc.
  • iLava
  • Jushi
  • Keef Cola
  • Leaflink
  • Lightshade
  • LivWell Enlightened Health
  • Marijuana Policy Project
  • MedicineMan
  • MedMen
  • Native Roots Cannabis Company
  • 1906 New Highs
  • Organa Brands
  • PAX
  • PharmaCann
  • ProKure
  • Schwazze
  • Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
  • The Grove Cannabis Dispensary
  • Urbn Leaf
  • Veterans Cannabis Project
  • Vicente Sederberg LLC
  • Vireo
  • Wana

This group is another not to be taken lightly as it’s made up of the majority of Multi State Operators as well as Scott’s Miracle Grow which has as a sizable footprint in the equipment side of things under Hawthorn Gardening. As well as some companies Cronos & Canopy are heavily backed by Altria & Constellation respectively which are both part of the previous group.

Anyways let me know your thoughts ?

4 Likes

New York legalized it, it’s gonna happen

Massachusetts, New York, California and Colorado all did it, and then you have all the other states that have it too but the main four that everyone focused on the most or at least I did was if it got legalized in Massachusetts, New York, California and Colorado.

1 Like

Doesnt the majority of the US population live in an area with legal access to cannabis be that med or rec? I say its likely to happen but I wouldnt put it past the people holding the reigns now to ignore the move and deny it.

2 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

Most movies and TV shows, now feature cannabis in one way or another.

2 Likes

I would agree that national legalization is within a 5 year window. I think that they are likely to go with a national medical system before they just outright legalize. They’re wanting to have their hand on the reigns because they want fucking cash that’s going to flow like Niagara Falls.
I know for a fact the VA already has a system in place, and as soon as they give the word they will start rolling shit out. (This was in Alaska where it was already lea gal, but the VA has a plan for supply, and handing it out.)

3 Likes

Texas is near 10% of the country population and has a joke of a medical system. Cbd is cool. Thc with a medical card limit .05% (might as well be zero)

2 Likes

National cannabis taxes will hopefully be low but we all know they’re gonna rape the system so badly that it’ll most likely go back to state controlled.

Tbh I really wouldn’t mind it being states having their own policies, like how it is now but schedule 2.

2 Likes

I agree as well but as the Koch’s are major Donors to a lot of those Denying it. It’s going to be interesting to see how that plays out & we only need 10ish of em lol

1 Like

I personally think TX is the current Lynchpin if TX actually a had a functional cannabis program I think it’d be Nationally Legal already possibly even GA. The south is the the Firewall with the exception of FL, but even there it was a uphill battle 5+ yrs after it was passed to get smokeable flower went all the way to the state Supreme Court lost & Rick Scott still refused until he term limited then went to congress & Desantis dropped the Appeal. FL doesn’t reciprocate & over 20 grams is still a Felony.

1 Like

Currently - 46% of the population of the US lives in a state with a legalized medical or recreational program. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

True but hemp hemp and marijuana are both cannabis so if you look at it that way then yeah more than 46% i guess i should have specified ha

46% is specific to high thc cannabis, not low or no thc cannabis products.

I think that’s pretty cool. Give it another year and it will be a majority with access to THC products.