Ionized CBD Salt

Has anyone heard of this:

https://www.vapordistilled.com/ionized-cannabinoids

Wondering what it is and how it is made.

1 Like

Website reads like a nightmare advertisement

Once you get past the flare it’s interesting to read.

2 Likes

Can’t find their supposedly filed patent apps

Indeed. Been searching as well. Figured I’d find one of the aforementioned 30 patent pendings…

1 Like

2 Likes

I chuckled.

I sent them an email.

“Can you please send me a link to your 24 pending patents I would like to read them”

3 Likes

They certainly have a lot of things listed that would be cool if they actually existed. But how to verify?

They haven’t updated the site in a while as they said planned release of bulk concentrate available March 2020. I’m interested in the technical side of this. Are they using a phenolate ion to create a salt? Which, if they are, how easily does that go to the quinone? I also find it suspicious that they sell it as a liquid and don’t show any advertisement of powders, which a salt would likely be a solid in my opinion

VERY, so it requires a water soluble antioxidant to protect the phenolate.

1 Like

I was wondering if THCA and or CBDA could form a stable salt form with any common cation. I assume common metals would be well know if this worked. Perhaps substituted ammoniums cations? I know there are a lot of better informed chemists than me on here… I am certainly curious re what they are up to.

Would be pretty helpful if it did. One way is derivitization

Read the Patent by Vadym Kratov.

1 Like

Having a hard time finding it. Could someone provide a link please?

It’s all three of the top results on google

1 Like

Thanks, very interesting!!