Innovating the cart for custies

So besides coil material and wicking technology.
Lets talk about fun things youd like to see developed into cart technology.

I for one want a thermocouple in my coil, so i can digitally read the temperature of the coil while hitting it.
Theoretically this thermocouple would need another positive and negative contact and theres still some space in the 510 thread to add another ring for the pos/neg. Batteries could now tell u how hot the coil is. Instead of just choosing from preset settings, u could set programs for the coil to heat up to certain temp, or automatically adjust the heat input to keep it under a certain temp.

With a nice enough battery, manufacturers/producers can give recommended “heat profiles” for their specific cart. These can be posted on a qr code on the packaging. That data gets downloaded to an app and then uploaded to the battery. This ensures every cart is hit properly and not burning the terps.
These 510.2 standard carts would still work on regular 510 thread batteries also, so its backward compatiable

Please dont make this post about ur newest coil technology unless its giving us something different then what basically every other cart does.

13 Likes

Cool ideas in theory. Where it all goes wrong is the cost to produce something like that.

People are stingy lol

2 Likes

If you know the resistance of the coil you can calculate the temp from the current drawn. This might be a better option.

4 Likes

You can do this now affordably with something like the yihi sx550j chip or DNA 200 TC. It’s not thermocoupled, it’s a MPN that’s pretty damn accurate based off coil material. The tech lives in the device…not the cart.

4 Likes

it sounds like this forum needs more smoore tech lol

3 Likes

This would be interesting. I feel as though a lot of carts overheat from repeated use, especially for people passing them around. Sometimes I wait a few minutes for them to cool down just to give me peace of mind that I’m not ingesting anything toxic from burnt terps or the hardware itself.

2 Likes

I figured u could do it like that, but what if u dont know the resistance and the manufacturer doesnt have a strict tolerance on their manufacturing so it changes from batch to batch, how would one go about that?
Im trying to figure out a universal solution, that would work regardless of manufacturer as long as they stick to the new 510.2 standard

1 Like

True, but the calculation would also be dependent on the level of charge of the battery. From experience, a fully charged battery and a half charged battery behave differently even what set to the same voltage. I would not trust math when there is no way to confirm the variables of the equation.

2 Likes

Overheating and burning is the number one problem with cartridges today.

It’s refreshing to see this topic as it seems more people are starting to desire better performance than a lot of the trash that exists in the market today.

1. Tolerance and Precision. China has demonstrated its ability to make high precision and quality products. However, for anyone who knows China, the e-cig industry is not your high precision focus. You’re dealing with a very low barrier to entry which allows any knucklehead to start buying components from the grey market and assembling them with little to no experience.

Chinese government thinks in long term. Chinese people think in short term when it comes to this new concept of capitalism and “get rich quick” mentality to them. They want to push out products super fast. They want dozens of concepts - hoping that one of their ideas will get lucky. Instead of being like Apple and focusing on just a couple of products but making them truly remarkable.

Ultimately, you have very non-sophisticated suppliers of raw materials and components working in dirty dungeon factories that are actually a step up from the small villages many of them came from. Getting them to follow strict standards and SOP’s is like asking your dog to watch your sandwich while you take a phone call.

1. material selection on heating materials is heavily dictated by an e-cig industry that thinks more cloud and faster ramp times are the answer. While this is getting better, with the help of American cannabis customers and vendors that are providing valuable input and advice to Chinese factories, the timeline for innovation is slow due to China not having access to the right oils for testing and workers that don’t understand the true nature and user experience of cannabis.

2. Batteries are mostly designed for e-cig. And there are thousands of cheap battery sellers. Standard chipsets for e-cig are designed for nicotine. And even if you adjust your voltage or wattage for a lower setting - the heat build up from someone who takes a 4 second draw versus someone taking a 10 second blinker is going to be very different.

As you’re sending power to the coil in the cart, where is that heat going, the longer you draw? It’s simply getting hotter and hotter and hotter.

We made a simple adjustment where we send pulses of power to the coil instead of constant direct line which has been effective, as a very low tech solution. But there is major room for improvement.

The REAL AVD is AVEO

1 Like