Inline filter.

Who sells inline filter to adapt to a ethanol soaking tank. Alcohol ends up with alot sediments it clogs up all hochstroms. Have had success only with belart filters.
But now want to stop the hassle and just push it with nitrogen and into a inline filter but need something that doesn’t clog easily
Bottom outlet of tank is 6 inch tri clamp but I adapted reducers to 2 inch tri clamp. That’s the biggest valve I found(2inch tri clamp)

1 Like

Glad you’ve seen the light…

There is a ton of information on the subject lying around here.

https://future4200.com/search?&q=Filter

Not the most sophisticated of searches, but pulls up plenty of useful stuff.

I’m running cryo ethanol in 75 micron filter bags, 8x24 spool surrounded by dry ice iso slurry, hose runs out to a 4inx12in triclamp spool outfitted with a filter plate, a medium speed paper filter, followed by a 1.5in layer of celite 545 and packing the rest of it with nylon filter mesh material, use nitrogen at 25psi to push- works like a charm- when it gets clogged I have a fresh new filter RTG to swap it with.

No need to get fancy, but the nitrogen sure does make the tincture fizzy- degassing it takes a sec if its loaded directly into the roto but I plan on getting to the point where im only rotovapping material from day prior so it has some time to settle out.

2 Likes

OH btw use a shower head on the filter or else youll slowly blow a hole in the filter material and it wont be as efficent at filtering… when it clogs just use a mini cordless impact wrench to swap the spool out- almost zero downtime.

How much ethanol are you running per lb in this set up? Are you tossing spent material into a centrifuge after or does the nitrogen do the job?

Im going this route myself

Throughput is trash- I switch to warm etho with adsorbants and filtration, then a multi solvent LLE - requires a lot more know how but you can fly through extractions

2 Likes

What if I was going for sauce or diamonds? Throughput still trash?

@Rowan What kind of benefits are you getting from the warm wash?
I’m running cryo ethanol wash to a still right now, but making some samples for a farm to get their business, so curious to the scaling problems and potential solution of warm washes

There are solutions.