Inline Dewaxing: Dewaxing within jacketed material tube vs separate jacketed tube

This is a pic of killas dewaxing setup that he posted when I was first starting and needed help understanding dewaxing

Yes i will need to dewax the oil mix by itself. I was thinking i needed to reduce fruid amount after extraction then transfer to dewax pot? I was thinking i have a 12x24 spool with welded bottum to sit in insulatated trash can and freeze down ? Just cause im having to reshoot? I can go thru crc but no means of chilling besides soaking the pot. Trying to not buy more parts
2hr soak time?
At what ratio ideal?
I dont do it this way normally lol

Now I’m out of answers. @Killa12345 can probably answer more or someone else that has more crc knowledge then me. I don’t run crc I just know a handful of things. :sweat::octopus:

All insights appreciated. . this got thrown on me lastnite and trying to get gameplan.

1 Like

What are you working with for an extraction unit?

Ran short on fuel on 4 columns did not get full extraction? Or shitry material lol but… I gotta reshoot to make sure my friend comes out okay lol! Or not my doing :slight_smile: never had good experience reshooting
20220502_105535|375x500

Okay so with that big of a setup I’m gonna say reducing your solvent amount and then sending it to a smaller dewaxing chamber could work. … Don’t take my word on it though.

The CRC is a different issue thoigh maybe you could have one before your dewaxing chamber because you’re not reducing it entirely to an oil before you send it to the dewax which if you’d take this idea you’d probably need to find a way to have a nitrogen push on your collection to send your reduced solvent/oil mixture through to the crc and to the dewwax.
… Possibility it could work if you work out the solvent math…

@Killa12345 any problem with the idea?

Maybe?

Yes that is direction my mind was going. I have 2. Crc on the rack crc to collection reduce push to dewaxpot. Nitro tru other crc back to collection?
Mayb 20:1 dilution? But soak time length? Sugfestions lol

just remember that thca also crashes out when you reduce the solvent and temperature…

Lots of folks loose cannabinoids with their waxes and have zero clue it’s happening…

3 Likes

Yes that was concern with the pot idea and not a pass thru? Any insigjt to address issue?
Already doing a rerun hate to ceeate more issues for myself
Any guesstimate of freeze time ? It would be in a 12in pot
Or slow drip from dewax pot to crc. I have a hemi bottum i could use. It would b submerged then. Thats y i was thinking the wrlded bottum base? Reaching lol
Whats stupid is i have a -80 chiller and no power to use it???
And fighting using second solvent ughhh
Mayb use cold injection thru jaceted 12in so i can push thru bottum? Getto chiller :slight_smile:

Would more delution help with that issue? 50:1 at best 2 or 3 lbs left behind

rewash your collection afterwards with warm solvent pushed by nitro? Ghetto preesure wash your solvent tank? , since you got the valve at the bottom to release you could probably loop your hot solvent back to the collection and keep washing your tank with warm solvent till it’s all cleaned out then dewax that result…?

Need the extra pot
Push from collection to dewax till empty. After extraction . then switch cold injecttion thru jacketed dewax for x amount of time to sit. Using the collection to recycle while it dewaxes creating a loop? Turn off cold injection on dewax after x time. Push dewax thru crc back to collection to finish off
It sounded simpler in my head lol
Im sketched on soaking a hemi base with vales totally submered that cold

You could potentially get your collection modded but that would cost a lot… That was my other thought was you could send it out you collection to get either jacketed or sleeved… That way you could just dewax with your collection…

That’s probably your last resort.

Going for cheap scavaging whats available. Already losing doing rerun. The welded base is safer. But to pick it up and turn over rather than dip tube. In case crashing occurs so id have to pour it soumds.
I do have a roumd igloo cooler mayb it could set in? I could turn that over.

1 Like

Put it in the welded bottom freeze it dewax and attach it to your collection pot with a valve and just transfer. Think of a subzero passive system with the tank on top.

I was thinking. After dewax pot pushing thru crc then to collection? I can nitro push thru. At first thinking diptup now i think turn it upside down like u said passive with a nitro bump.
Trying to get guesitmates on soaking a 12in spool 2 or 3 lbs at best left behind in columns. Would prbly be saturated enough im a 12x12? That would be well over 20times saturated
2hrs enough for the size of pot?never tried this way before. Ususally perfect first time lol

1 Like

Not sure if you’ll see this but I was hoping you could explain how you made this calculation, it would be really good to know. Thanks!

welcome. glad you made the account to ask.

of the opinion that you shouldn’t have loaded your pipe bomb without that knowledge (not just “good to know”, actually mission critical).

suggest you read the entire thread that @Killa12345 pointed you at. Filling solvent tank

3 Likes