Inhalents

I was having difficulty finding out if any of the aforementioned compounds had dangers being inhaled or ingested. esters, lactones, thiols and mehoxypyrazines

yeah, don’t you love that?

when it says right there on the MSDS: “no data”

4 Likes

Ester could mean a lot of things but given the context I’m going to assume you mean the volatile ones used for flavor additives. Isoamyl acetate and benzyl acetate are probably the main examples you will see and while they probably aren’t good to huff 24/7, they’re used in all the super sweet nic eJuice flavors so they have been consumed for as long as we had vapes. So take that as you will. Same with lactones. I don’t know if the others you mentioned have been used in nicotine EJuices but I’m willing to bet the only time people intentionally inhale thiols is cannabis. Unless there’s a rotten eggs flavored EJuice out there that I haven’t tried yet.

2 Likes

Ingested is not really a big deal. Those are all in alcoholic beverages of various types. Except for thiols. I know organic chemists that refuse to work with sulfur just because of how nasty it smells. Thiols I have not seen very often in anything I would want to ingest. Inhaled is totally different and pretty much going to depend on moderation, but there just isn’t much data on inhaling chemicals off the beaten path. I know I wouldn’t want to inhale lactones, thiols, or methoxypyrazines. But most esters aren’t going to hurt unless you are huffing.