Info on THCV

@QGA Until we finish our own analysis of all the data we’ve compiled (more than just NMR) and have a plan moving forward, yes. Just covering our bases since we’ve invested a lot.

@cyclopath if you’ve made it and can quantify it, then why not post those results? We have been making it for over a year and haven’t found a lab that can quantify it, since there isn’t a formal standard yet.

Infinite Chemical Analysis and a few other credible labs had hypothesized it was Delta 10. Others have no idea or mistook it for CBC. What licensed lab can confidently quantify this isomer currently without a standard?

Okay send over the nda to qgaconsulting@gmail.com

1 Like

If it is an isomer, then the response on an FID is going to be identical to delta 9, having exactly the same MW and number of (catches fire in the FID) carbon atoms.

Which means that the 45% “wtf is this?” I got on my very first SPD run can indeed be quantified.

Until now it was not “identified”. It’s still not, until I run a known 10/10a and compare it to that jar from long ago.

I could get to the jar & GC, but neither are in my daily purview at this point.

I totally wrecked my first run. I can admit that. I did not take pictures of the event so I could share them on the internet :rofl::rofl:

If I’m remembering correctly, it ran faster (shorter retention) than delta 9, the computer suggested it might be THCV…

HPLC confuses it with CBC, and there, not having a standard means you don’t know how much UV it absorbs compared to delta9, so you can’t quantify it.

??

5 Likes

The effect of five day dosing with THCV on THC-induced cognitive, psychological and physiological effects in healthy male human volunteers: a placebo-controlled, double-blind …

Amir Englund, Zerrin Atakan, Aleksandra Kralj, Nigel Tunstall, Robin Murray, Paul Morrison
Journal of psychopharmacology 30 (2), 140-151, 2016
—-
The diverse CB1 and CB2 receptor pharmacology of three plant cannabinoids: Δ9‐tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol and Δ9‐tetrahydrocannabivarin

RG Pertwee
British journal of pharmacology 153 (2), 199-215, 2008

“Δ9‐THCV behaves as a potent CB2 receptor partial agonist in vitro . In contrast, it antagonizes cannabinoid receptor agonists in CB1‐expressing tissues. This it does with relatively high potency and in a manner that is both tissue and ligand dependent. Δ9‐THCV also interacts with CB1 receptors when administered in vivo , behaving either as a CB1 antagonist or, at higher doses, as a CB1 receptor agonist.”

Neural effects of cannabinoid CB1 neutral antagonist tetrahydrocannabivarin on food reward and aversion in healthy volunteers

Luke Tudge, Clare Williams, Philip J Cowen, Ciara McCabe
International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology 18 (6), 2015

“Our findings are the first to show that treatment with the CB1 neutral antagonist tetrahydrocannabivarin increases neural responding to rewarding and aversive stimuli. This effect profile suggests therapeutic activity in obesity, perhaps with a lowered risk of depressive side effects.”

Mention in this paper is a previously approved in Europe CB1 antagonist Rimonabant. It had issues with mood alteration and depressive thoughts. Cannabinoid receptors are very important to our mental state as well as things like appetite, pain regulation, and temperature regulation. These are great targets for medicinal benefits but we need to be careful with testing isolated minor cannabinoids in humans. Most are probably safe but with the rise of semi-synthetics and the known issues with full agonistic and antagonistic analogues, we need to be careful and test these substances in humans safely and ethically.

All papers I source from google scholar, any paywalled papers are accessed with sci-hub

9 Likes

I had a test come back with a little bit of thcv recently. I was intrigued by it.

5 Likes

I’ve worked with it at a high ratio, 60/40 THC-V to THC. There’s going to be a commercial source for vaping very soon.

7 Likes

I had some strawberry cough come in with 4% thcva and 1%thcv, just recently, it was some fire.

3 Likes

Know who makes the seeds? That sounds dank😋

Its in an in-house cut from where I works grow they’ve had it for a while, I believe it’s one of their originals. Ill ask more about it though, can’t wait to run it again.

I’m surprised no one mentioned Doug’s Varin https://www.californiacannabinoids.com/?fbclid=IwAR38rno3jeIu6rGE03yyENW_NbMy_XJEEZW28O6mPg5-OVHYF0j_I34nn1o

THCV vape pens

3 Likes

Also novarine by elite seeds https://eliteseeds.com/semillas/novarine/

3 Likes

Did someone say thcva?

Not exactly the results I expect from hemp but interesting none the less.

6 Likes

Wtf??? :clap::clap:
Weird result nice thou

1 Like

lula cbd offer an interesting looking distillate with cbd,cbdv and thcv 6.51% on the thcv according to the coa

that is really curious for a Harlequin/Tsunami cross based on the 16-20% CBD flower most folks seem to produce with those parents.

from seed or clone?

you willing to share?

1 Like

This is from an extraction we did.
We have run a few African land races outdoors ( in South Africa) looking for THC-V.
This was the highest so far.

11 Likes

Very nice ALSO :clap::clap:
Malawi has a highland strain with a same composition so does
Swaziland for those seeking😁

4 Likes

I am not the farmer only the processor. I have been totally baffled by these results and have actually had them checked and rechecked and even sent to a 2nd lab to cross check and they are accurate. This was biomass but I cam get a COA from the farmer for the flower and see how it compares. Too bad I’m in North Carolina and this stuff is basically unusable for me. Ive got a couple hundred grams.

3 Likes

Let me get that biomass :slight_smile:

simplest explanation is that they did not get the Harle/tsu they paid for.

can I ask why Green Leaf labs in OR? I haven’t used them in years, since they returned 19% THC on a Harle/Tsu cut that was reading ~20% CBD on my in house gear. They may have been purchased by folks who know what they are doing at this point, but they had a terrible reputation 5 years ago.

1 Like