Industrial Scale Processing

Milled stuff is never that high in cbd the mills knock half the shit off

1 Like

If you’re doing it completely wrong, sure. Lots of different mills out there for doing size reduction, some even have adjustable speeds and feeds to get desired particle sizes and not liberate all the cannabinoid-laden kief.

With that said, I DO have a hard time believing they have that much quantity available, have seen plenty of people claiming they had high CBD biomass, every single one got their high % claim from bud picking samples to send to a lab for a COA, when they actually sent material it was whole plant material and the yield of the whole supersack was usually about half to 2/3rds the claimed CBD %.

Also, @Future shouldn’t @GanjaSolutions be verified to be advertising this shit on here?

2 Likes

Lol why would anyone on that scale be looking for investors on this website… :rofl: Pics or GTFO

5 Likes

Yeah we’ve had hell with them 17 into 8 lol

3 Likes

Unverified slanger…please follow the process posted on the main page.

3 Likes

That sounds awesome , what’s ball park cost on 40ft doing 1 - 1.2k a day. Thanks and appreciate it .

I can’t believe this many people wasted their time on this bs story. Where’s that 30k acres that yield 14k lbs per acre? This dude was on the good stuff.

2 Likes

How is busniss ??
Times have changed since this last post
Wonder how much has been. Achieved
And regretted ?

1 Like

Kinda curious too. These folks, who i’m not a big fan of, have started putting together large industrial systems: https://precisionextraction.com/industrial-extraction-equipment/

Their equipment is fantastic
But their price tag :cry:

1 Like

If ever you need advise on volumes like this I would recomend Alva laval

1 Like

Most of it looks like it came direct from other industries and had a sticker and some zeros added. The owner also rubs me the wrong way in his videos and personal site complete with glam shots.

4 Likes

A $500m budget is pretty bonkers for equipment alone. Good engineering should be able to get something close to this done for welllllll under that. Its always a red flag to me when I see numbers that big especially paired with time frames that short and no current process engineering staff while crowd sourcing ideas on a forum. It strikes me as scrambled efforts from big money people who have no clue what they’re doing and inevitably will spend a ton of money and not make it back.

This seems kind of silly and poorly fleshed out - throwing money at something is a facile answer to a question that has more to it than just scale (how are you gonna offload that product, how will you scale remediation of THC at that scale, how will you even run a plant that big safely when you’re slapping it together in 4 months, how will you ensure no one will get hurt i.e. operators, environment, communities, how will you coordinate a QA/QC department to match a project of this size, how do you validate any of your processes/cleaning in that time frame, and so on). That being said, I don’t wish failure upon any particular project and it would be cool to see a $500m facility where every dollar is spent wisely - but this is too reminiscent of every foolhardy venture capitalist I’ve ever consulted for. If that was my money, I would be fuckin worried.

4 Likes

I watched 5 minutes of it. He rubs me the same way. It seems like a rich kid who decided to use daddy’s money and assembled this together using an engineering firm and manufacturing company. It’s troublesome Bc it first says two operators on the website takes to operate it. Than he verbally says four. This worries me Bc now i think the system hasn’t been run efficiently and effectively yet. That is if they even turned the switch on for cannabis extraction. If i was a buyer i would want to see it in action. I’m betting in all this system has 5-10 million dollars of equipment but let’s say 25 mill. A firm to design this maybe a million but probably less. I never watched the whole video but is this system automated?

@eyeworm if this system costs 500m than whoever buys it will not last in the biz. Because fir every dumb mf there is a smart one and they will take that 500m buy a whole plant that’s been for sale and innovate/redesign the equipment to suite this industry methods. This is exactly how that large hexane extraction plant was done. Having fresh equipment is nice but what good is it when nobody knows how to run it effectively. They have a saying with engineers who design our infrastructure . Who gives a shit if it’s aesthetic. The only thing that matters is how efficient it’s designed.

3 Likes

You nailed it in “rich kid using dad’s money”. That was my exact impression as well.

1 Like

Waitttt it’s actually a collaboration of dads funding and the video is portraying it as The F*cking Catalina wine mixer brought to you by prestige worldwide lmao

2020 what a year this will be :grin:

3 Likes

LOL @Juice311 @Estokha that actually couldn’t be further from the truth. Why speak on something you know nothing about?

1 Like

“impression”, “looks”, not fact.

Also, feel free to educate us on what you know.

This is not in any way how these things go in my experience. Going this fast, not having process engineers, thinking “500 fabricators” means you have the right build resources, trailers and so on tells me this is not going to happen with this line of thinking. But ANYONE trying to do ANY large scale process plant 1a) starts with the market research & sales channels 1b) gets the chemist/labs involved to develop an SOP/Science 3) goes through a rigorous process engineering phase 4) develops the mechanical 5)… 6)…N)… No exceptions. Even if you handed me a billion dollars I would have to be a terrible steward of that money to not do this in a methodical fashion. But then again you can buy gold toilet paper.

2 Likes