Thanks @Soxhlet and @Indofab! Yall the best

4 Likes

Just running -70c solvent @60 psi

13 Likes

Wurdemups

4 Likes

no dewaxing huh???

3 Likes

Nope, but i imagine it would make the resin look even better!

7 Likes

Waiting for a post dab taste report. Would really like to know if it has less terp taste after the filtration as compared to before. Even if so it would still be awesome for taking something that might be so dark it is not saleable and make it saleable

3 Likes

So update here, lets look inside the filter shall we!

This is under the top sintered disk.This layer is the silica gel 60.

This is the magsil, it seems to have captured the green and blue hues.

The t5 dosent seem to be that discolored, im going to try to run without t5 next.
My theroy here is that the silica 60 did most of the heavy work, and that is why the yellow color will eventully elute. Silica 60 might be able to be rewashed for this purpose, lord knows that $hit ainā€™t cheap!

24 Likes

Dick pills and Chinese CBD , sounds like.my local convenient store

8 Likes

Why not the t5 first, with less. Then the silica afterā€¦?

Hoping it would take some of the brunt force rather than the silica and use less silica.

1 Like

the t5 dident seem to stop the yellow colors.

Gotcha. No t5. Silica and magsil. I have pvpp on the way and will try that next

1 Like

kool, let us know what you find.:popcorn: I want as maney people as possible to document their filtration experements here

16 Likes

I absolutely will. I have some celite in already. But I have a feeling thatā€™s doing the same as the t5, but I will be testing with that once I get the pvpp and also a mixture of the compounds. Iā€™m hoping a simple filter stack arrangement is all thatā€™ll be needed.

Assuming dewaxing isnā€™t imperative

2 Likes

Im not sure how effective the celite 545 would be, Ill try that too I have a ton of it

2 Likes

I could throw it in the bottom of a run and just see what happens.

1 Like

yeah, keep me posted bro! lets get this nailed down!

2 Likes

Iā€™m on it like white on rice. Iā€™ll definitely be sharing my findings

6 Likes

Have you tried T-41?

1 Like

This is a good idea too as I thought t-41 is used with magsil

2 Likes

no, but i can try. I wanted to keep the ph in a reasonable range incase that changed the color.

3 Likes