Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

This is the run we did today. With a silica, magsil combo

3 Likes

Still looks really good, though. The clay definitely helps. After dewax yesterday I donā€™t think the magsil did anything really. But I have a mixture of everything and will see how it goes here in a few actually. About to finish the run up and dump

5 Likes

Everything looks a lot clearer today. Iā€™m assuming that was the pvpp today??

2 Likes

And newer material. But less media than yesterday and flowing a little bit better. Also a larger run

4 Likes

I gotta find a way to get this to flow faster.

5 Likes

Are you doing it in the 4" still? Maybe going to 6" with more area is gonna help speed it up?
Iā€™m ordering some powders, Iā€™ve got a huge 6" sight glass and if I disassemble the dewaxer I got filter plates a cap and a reducer I could definitely make into a filter cartridge of sortsā€¦
You use nitro to push?
What about vac to pull?

2 Likes

How big are those filter plates and what filter paper are you using. Been thinking about the
Speed aspect and how it might be better to combine a lot of runs and then bleach it.

Iā€™m might be faster to do this as a
Post processing step in a stand alone stainless funnel. USAlab posted something really cool today on ig.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsxs5RQBJNA/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1aftqayujfxls

6 Likes

Yea. In the four inch after my standard filters. I will have to mix something, maybe more magsil to help me flow better.

And definitely nitro assist and vacuum in the tank

2 Likes

i believe magsil and t5 are supposed to complement each other and work better together. if i remember correctly

1 Like

I know you hate active systems but do you think a cmep might be able to speed things up?

2 Likes

Not likely. My tank is a vacuum

I think I will include more magsil. Whatā€™s weird is that it flows just fine prior to dewax

3 Likes

you dont think vapor assist with a pump wouldnt help

https://www.usalabequipment.com/12-buchner-funnel-with-lid-for-top-pressure-ss304-90psi/
Usa labs has a sweet buchner also

4 Likes

I know. Thatā€™s kinda what Iā€™m thinking. If you can do like 20-30lbs of materials oil at one time in one of those stainless closed BĆ¼chner funnels.

Iā€™ve been wanting to make one of these for like a year.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not cheap thatā€™s for sure

1 Like

Not to make either. Lol. People always think. Just cause I can source that in China the cost is mad cheap. Ask @square_root_pharms ā€¦

I think his quoted out was like $3000 from China. But was baller will all jacketed pieces and dip tubes and all the bells and whistles

I really only want to make one right the first time. Cause itā€™s just too expensive to fuck up the design and have to live with it.

6 Likes

No I know, those hemi caps are expensive, but thatā€™s not necessarily necessary, I think a flat cap would work for what we want to accomplish, I dont think we would need a dip tube but I might be wrong, I think the advantage is it being a 12" aside from that one could probably downsize the rest of it.
they sell a not so fancy one without the lid for like 950

1 Like

I might have to volunteer for the experiment after CNY passes if you think this is the way to go. Especially to scale production up if letā€™s say someone is running 4x 5# columns. :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure but if @Dred_pirate is having speed issues and he runs about as fast as people can passively. Well then the people with much less experience which is just about 99% of people. Then most are gonna have speed issues.

8 Likes

Itā€™s weird that it slows down so much. I may have to transfer it to a different chamber then filter it through. I have another 6" jacketed column that I could use to warm up the solution to send through the media

1 Like