Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

How does ph level affect the adsorbent? What is the relativity of it to its effectiveness?

Kinda like making the D…m …?

W the pH thing?

2 Likes

I’ve said it in other places here and around. We aren’t “inventing” anything. We’re just implementing something from a different industry. That’s all.

13 Likes

It’s all about understanding the exact things you are working with…knowledge is power!

8 Likes

Silica gel has some dessicant properties and can start pulling water (probably not a bad thing?), I’m pretty sure if it’s just used briefly you’ll probably be fine. As long as you’re tossing it out after every couple runs.

2 Likes

yes, heat is a driving factor.

2 Likes

It’s pretty relative to bentonite effectiveness…

12 Likes

Increasing temp reduces efficiency with bentonite

6 Likes

This is how they are going today

7 Likes

looks good! when its a thin patty I bet its clear!

2 Likes

I’m giving it a whirl with some GG4 today

I stirred everything together. I kept the silica and clay prominent and added a small amount of the pvpp and magsil. Depending how it looks going into the chamber, I’ll use the same mixture after dewax, as well. Or change it if I feel it wasn’t optimal

5 Likes

What kinda yield percentages are you guys seeing making clear vs post-processed crude?

I’m used to ranges, after post-processing, of 15-20% off of nug runs. I really haven’t had the luxury to work with much trim.

Do you dewax your runs? I didn’t send enough solvent yesterday so I didn’t get a good enough yield, along with the material doesn’t normally yield well anyway. But I am experimenting with the best solution.

5 Likes

Seems my concocted blend flows well and does a good job of remediating the majority of color prior to dewax, followed by another filter arrangement.

6 Likes

Going into dewax

10 Likes

Looks amazing. What filtering aids did you use on this run? Have you done a comparative run without the filter aids to see the difference?

1 Like

I posted a picture of one that didn’t get treated further up a bit. This round, I mixed the clay, silica, magsil and pvpp together over a bed of celite. If it gets me what I want I will work on weights and measures to replicate.

7 Likes

Would carbon be something worth trying to add to the mix or would that remove the terps as well?

We’ve tried that one and it does work, but greatly reduces yield

4 Likes

you said the clay seems to do most of the work as far as color remediation?

I tried a silica magsil filter today and the color was better than previous runs on the same material. Unfortunately my result weren’t as yellow as yours lol