Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

One thing I noticed about my adsorbent, starts out brand new, as I dip into it, its left exposed to environmental air, moisture, it’s less effective the more its exposed to the air, so what if u heat up the adsorbent right before u add it in? Dehydrate it, expand it, Since butane is hard to heat up

7 Likes

Is heat a necessary factor?

I dont think it is for Sox method, but some adsorbants like bentonite say higher ph increases efficiency, some say higher temps increase efficiency…

I don’t think that is going to happen here. It isn’t thc to convert. It’s still thca.

2 Likes

I’m asking if heat is necessary for isomerization to happen because butane is really cold

2 Likes

That’s a good question I dont know the answer, dreds post above states it’s not thc to convert so that implies it needs to be decarbed so if that’s the case yes heat is needed

2 Likes

I dont use any heat in my process…however I’m not saying it cant be implemented somehow
…I’m sure heat is here to help…just at the right step…which is in the adsorbant

2 Likes

Just thought of this rn

1 Like

I think I just had a light build.

2 Likes

I seen many adsorbants…same adsorbant, different ph levels…the options are endless

4 Likes

Activated alumina adsorbs, not absorbs.

3 Likes

So like mol sieves?
They also get warm when adsorbing moisture… maybe I’m lost

2 Likes

They get warm till they’re full

2 Likes

But that’s not.it

1 Like

Activated alumina adsorbs, not absorbs. There is an important difference. For example, a sponge will absorb water, but the water molecules do not actually bond with those of the sponge. And so, the water can simply leak out or evaporate after a while. On the other hand, activated alumina adsorbs. When a chemical is drawn into the pores of an activated alumina sphere, it actually bonds with the solid material. Once in, it won’t come out without considerable heating.

An important feature of activated alumina is that it is very stable. It will bond with other substances without changing its own chemistry or form. And because it is so porous, its surface area is far greater than its weight, enabling it to adsorb a great deal.

18 Likes

Just placed an order for these. Lets see how these go :relieved:

1 Like

Absorb sucks in…adsorb magnetizes on surface

3 Likes

Surface area becomes a factor at this point

4 Likes

U guys should look into how wine is made out of grapes, gasoline out of crude oil, or how any plant derived oil is refined before distribution…lots of plants produce many of our products we use every day… the knowledge is universal!

21 Likes

Soxhlet has in that hes used two products with two different ph. The t5 and the t-41.