Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Doing some extractions today and was thinking about filling my column on my mini with 25g instead of 45 then a filter paper then maybe 1/2" of celite, 1" t-5, and 1/2" celite at the bottom before another filter paper and finally the screen in it.

The catch is my system is passive. Think it’d even make it to the collection pot?

1 Like

Get a water aspirator to pull solvent through. I made a pretty snazzy setup I’ll post a pic of later, since I dont have an explosion proof pump I use an aspirator and a big water tank.

Your referring to 45 grams of extract, correct?

2 Likes

You could use a water aspirator to build low vac pressure to pull the solution through, but you’d need to be using really cold solvent if your going to do that.

Pressure assist from the headspace makes more sense.

Pressure is never an issue . The material colum will be at 55psi and the collection chamber at 5-10psi… yet the concentrate won’t push through . I’m 100% sure it’s the filter stack

Have you tried using a filter paper between each of the layers and putting a layer of celite 545 on top and bottom of the column?

Is it dewaxed yet? What is the ratio of solvent to extract your using?
I think most people are are using quite high solvent to extract ratios. Perhaps try filling the column with more butane and pressurizing again.

95% sure pesticide remidiation won’t work in this way. Terpenes carry over myclo and other pesticides, even in distillate. Terpenes need to be removed.

1 Like

In a hydrophobic solition this method works great. We normally do this with heptane, and the results on both crude and distillate are outstanding. MagsilPR is designed to be used this way…you should try it. We remove Myclo from distillate with MagsilPR easier than other pesties, terps or not.

@GraveFarms

5 Likes

Finally got to try this today on some old trim. Used a 3x12 With a filter stack at the bottom I didn’t pack anything just poured in one by one.

21 Likes

Wow! Four different runs?

1 Like

No that’s same run the darker slab is the same material no filtration for comparison. This thread has been really informative.

7 Likes

Pretty rad, huh?

3 Likes

Has anyone noticed that their product was coming out softer after running through filtration media? I have only done 2 test runs on our sample column so far, both with pretty good results, but I noticed that the color was improved but stability was Down.

4 Likes

Haha yeah man. I pretty much used everything you Used earlier plus some b80 throw in there. I used way to much filter material I think I could get by with a lot less. I had to use a lot of pressure to get things moving. Pretty happy with the results the trim was old and I normally wouldn’t have run it. I’m gonna try running live resin and running thru two filters with less filter material.

Odd, I’ve been finding that stability has gone up a little. I attempted with silica, magnesol, and t5 and got stable shatter from a strain of ours that is not usually the most stable.

2 Likes

Ive only done the one run but it came out more stable compared to how it usually does

1 Like

I’ve had a couple come out a little less stable than normal. But I think I can avoid that in the future, hopefully.

@Jefeglass try using DE before the media. I found that to help with the flow.

1 Like

Try using some of the hardener behind your slab. That could hel… I’m fucking around don’t listen to that

7 Likes

Mine have been alot more stable than usual. But i was using 7030n instead of iso. Going to try 545 first this week. Hopefully i will get back to pull snap

1 Like

I had an abnormal mix of propane in my system, too.

1 Like

whats the exact difference in magsil or magnesol xl?