Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

That would certainly be good enough.

Soinds like DE is gonna be the go to over Alumina. Gonna see what sourcing bulk looks like.

3 Likes

Maybe a bit of Silica 60 or alumina to pull that last bit of yellow?

1 Like

That happens to me when i have chaneling.

1 Like

I wasnā€™t using all the media I normally use. I was just using clay to see how much it would do alone. Donā€™t know if it channeled. Iā€™ll open it up and see. I need to get a small spool section instead of using multiple stacks.

5 Likes

I dig the multible stacks. For me that would work beter. So i can dry and purge medea to reuse. Like to isolate each one. I think it works beter than bending.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I made homie order yesterday. I got 4x 4x4 spools that we will run a filter plate under and have over 5ā€ above the plate and if needed run one on top to keep all the powders together.

5 Likes

Its hard for me to swap sleeves that way. I know the powders are not spent yet and the tane gassing inbetween columns causes channeling for me. So i need to swap powders with each column. I found if they are not spent yet you can heat purge them and reuse. I also notice they work beter layered and not blended. So isolation is key for my baby skeeves

5 Likes

I donā€™t blend them. I layer them, as well. I donā€™t like using the multiple stacks because I fill the space between the plate layers and it would be easier to keep even without them in the way

3 Likes

I understand.

Someone mentioned using filter socks to separate the different medias way earlier, or would that cause channelling around the outside of the socks?

Iā€™m working in cellulose-T5 pucks that can be used to separate medias. Just waiting on the manufacturer to send the samples so I can test em.

4 Likes

Is that the new lenticular concept you had mentioned working on earlier?

1 Like

I would love if someone made lintucular filters that could be used in this application. Swap them out each run and have it contain all the media needed for the size of runs

6 Likes

Thats what weā€™re doing! The first samples are T5, T41, and MagsilPR @Dred_pirate

Iā€™m gonna be testing them for flow rate and activity before autorizing production. Gotta get papers signed for cobranding et al.

Iā€™m containing my excitement on this one till launch.

19 Likes

Now weā€™re talking!

Another primary goal is to provide pH modifications and extra filtration capacity. DE and Carbon depth filters are the normā€¦but those manufacturers donā€™t have access to the clays we distributeā€¦until now :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

10 Likes

I was staring at the big one we have here for crude filtration and it just lit up a bulb. It would be extremely handy for so many applications

1 Like

You shouldnā€™t have to be kept from Carbon Chem products just because you use a piece of gear we should be servicing!!

I imagine the gravity assist of depth filtration will make some of those medias more effective too.

4 Likes

Those filters will be game changing. Save the headache of dealing with the powders when swapping the media. Canā€™t wait to see what you have in store for this.

2 Likes