Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Could you send me that paper you were reading, I had heard another person on this forum, beaker I think.

Talking about an acn/hexane partition but it was for the removal of mycotoxins (?) Do you think that co2 systems that ultilize a secondary solvent would be the king of for pretty much all remediation procedures since its polarity can be manipulated so easily and it’s already a totally enclosed system?

@Intergalactic save that chunk it would be perfect to show the colors under UV light.

2 Likes

Its in the CBN paper by Pollostro @ScoobyDoobie

2 Likes

Interesting. My first sleeve went fantastic. Perfectly clear. Pull my column stirred my powders and pressed them by hand So i used the same powder on my second sleeve. I noticed alot more color on my second push though the same powder. Maybe Channing going on. Not sure yet. But i did notice a bunch of color in the magnesol

2 Likes

My second run was darker at first added more powder and they would clear up, yesterday though I did run two on my powders pulled it off before the third removed and replaced the AA repressed and went to run it again and dramatic color difference. I believe it is to do with the possibly distrubing the bands of colors the media caught

@sonicgardens

5 Likes

Im not going to stir this time and see what happens .

I think i going to try a larger sleeve also and see what happens

3 Likes

I got constant results yesterday on 12 pounds/ two runs of material with
Bottom to top
Celite 1.3 cups
T-41 1 cup
T-5 2.6 cups
Silica 2.6 cups
Magnesol 2 cups
Activated alumina 2.6 cups

Today I am reusing the t-41 and celite as I am running out of both

Today I am running
Celite 1.3
T-41 1
T-5 4
Silica 4
Magsol 3
Activated alumina 2
In hopes of hitting at least 18 pounds of material ideally 24

11 Likes

If anyones interested in learning a lot more on this concept look into SMB chromatography.

11 Likes

I dont think changing columns and not changing powders is the way to go.

I noticed to powders hold alot of tane and when i change out sleeves it causes the powder to stir. I added more powder made it a bit beter but not the desired result.

Going to try a taller sleeve next with the same amount of powders

2 Likes

@sonicgardens ve you considered slowly ramping the pressure with n2 gas to and then bleeding off the pressure in an attempt to purge the butane out of the filter bed?

3 Likes

I dont have n2. I did pour out the powders and am vacuuming them atm. Going to try to reuse them

That was my last pour
It looks great but not my goal

5 Likes

My Cartridge is a separate unit because my machine is rack mounted, with valves so I don’t see the power sturring. Today results aren’t going as well as yesterday’s wondering if it’s because of the reduced amount of AA

3 Likes

You were able to pull all the gasses out of the powders in between columns

I think the solvent evaporating may cause problems with channeling because the solvent will cause small cavities from the expansion of the gas as vacuum pressure builds.

I think inert gas stripping would be effective in this case

3 Likes

I saw that also when i change columns. I pull vac again but it doesnt change the results.

Hopefully vacuuming out the tane of my used powders might help. I doubt they r spent.

1 Like

I doubt it too.

wow thats amazing !

1 Like

24x3 sleesleeve first push
Silca
T41

Turned out amazing

28 Likes

Good to hear, I use 3" spools :slightly_smiling_face:

So was the only different factor the diameter of your bleaching spool?

2 Likes

Everything was the same except the amount of material increased

2 Likes

Im trying something like you were talking about. I realeased pressure below the powders andI left everything connected during the pour. Now im repushing everything again and seem to be having good results.

2 Likes