Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Dont think it matters to me

2 Likes

These are all the same strain?

Yes all the same material

3 Likes

Good job, did you just add the powders to the collection pot first?

I mean logically lose could cause channeling and throw in pressure fluctuations and the powder could be every where in there

No inline filtration no dewax straight through filters

4 Likes

I vac packed and i like that i can stir inbetween sleeves

How were the powders introduced though?

1 Like

This wasn’t done with inline filtration??? Wow how are you doing this?! :exploding_head: I love this forum

1 Like

Since we want to reduce moisture content in all of the different elements of our extraction, material, solvent, and filtering aids, it would stand to reason a sop for this method should include drying procedures. Along the drying procedures we could wash our filter stacks of dust and use the process to pack our medias.

So I’m thinking, we want to reduce moisture in our solvent first by distilling or running through a dessicant. Then we want to bake our media to reduce its moisture content, then run our dehydrated solvent through our dehydrated media to both wet pack the media and remove any dust. Theoretically running dehydrated solvent through the media could even help ensure the media is as dehydrated of water molecules as possible by absorbing some of it. We then might want to dehydrate our solvent again to ensure it’s as dehydrated as possible.

Once the stacks have been wet packed could we throw them in the freezer for storage until use? Like made this morning, but not using until tonight?

3 Likes

If you include a layer of alumina in your filter I’m certain that it would adsorb all the water.

6 Likes

What do you mean.
I didnt mix them prior, i poured them in individually and tapped them flat

3 Likes

At what point were the powders added?

Were they added to the material spool and stalled or were they added to the collection pot before you started the extraction?

Maybe I’m misunderstanding something.

I’m under the impression that you tried using the powders not inline this time, as in not packed in a spool but rather loose in the butane solution.

1 Like

In something silimar to the crc from indofab. After my material column. No stalling or soaking. Some were added to filter stacks some had there own column

Nothing in the collection pot

3 Likes

So the only difference being that you just didn’t pack the powders tight in your columns?

Yes just some loose and some pressed
Had similar results

2 Likes

Nice thank you for clarifying.

1 Like

I never see anyone else mentioning packing technique, but my biggest question, is if a 4" x 36" column gives me about 250-350 grams if oil per run, running about 30# of gas. whats the ratio of media to oil being passed through the medias. also I never see mentioned to as if people are having a problem with the butane getting too cold and not passing through the medias, or has that not been a problem?

1 Like

That’s a factor that it seems people are intentionally overlooking since it’s working so well as is, the ratio of media to oil that is.
It’s because these guys have been doing it inline so they may not know the yields before and after the crc.

I think dred said he runs 2 kilos material at a time and he uses a total of about 4 cups of the powders all in all
@CarpetDab

2 Likes

Interesting, with that data I would expect a minimum of 10% by oil weight or 35g. 10% is what we use in scrubbing oil on a hot plate.

I would be interested to see a 1:1 ratio (350:350), 1:2 (125media:350oil), vs 1:10 (35media:350oil).

Thats each, not total.

2 Likes