Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Yes’m. I’m just using enough to fill the center of the retention ring on the first paper.

8 Likes

Im probably using to much then, when i use celite it slows my flow substantially

2 Likes

I hardly use any. I also add just a tiny bit on top, but that’s just a thin layer.

4 Likes

Thats why you still have good flow

2 Likes

What were your results from just t5? Did you get any colour changes?

I do the same as @Dred_pirate as the DE is acting as a filter cake only. It goes on top of my 11um paper followed by a 6um then a 3um. If you have some sand in the collection i would bet its slipping around the sides of your filters. When you finish a run look under your filter plate. If your getting bypass you will see it running down the sides.

8 Likes

@Dabbedone I used 2 separate 5 micron ss filters followed by two separate 1.5 micron filter paper also filter papers between my powders

3 Likes

Flow is fucked with a 0.44um, I tried…

3 Likes

I used just t5 and Celite today with the same results in hopes that silica was the culprit of my yield loss I’ll be able to tell you yields in a few days

7 Likes

It’s not fat, I can see the granules, it’s not clouds or globs. Also when I winterize there is a super fine grainy ness to the bleached fats.

2 Likes

Sounds like you need a some disk

1 Like

Yea I got major colour change. Still messing around with the amount but I’m pretty happy so far

3 Likes

1micron is the smallest anyone should go with CLS, if you think 1micron to .5microns is doing SO MUCH, id really beg to argue that lol. we don’t even use 0.5um for ground biomass for ethanol… a 0.5 paper is pointless.

2 Likes

Bright yellow end product?
@Infoseeker

I can get almost clear with just clay

7 Likes

I get close but not close enough. Only time i have gotten true water clear was with t41

3 Likes

Interesting. I will always be messing with it and other things to tweak it for certain applications

4 Likes

I bought 10kg of t5, wishing i would have gone a different route

T-5 is great, I’m now trying to source cheap t-41 or alternatives (other acid activated bentonite clays)

1 Like

Going to try mixing a touch of ac with the t5, i tried layering with ac and had a complete failure. Almost 0 return that way