Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Not as much if you stage it. Won’t have the time to drop out as easily.

4 Likes

Could you elaborate here or in the lipid/wax removal thread?

1 Like

Gotta taste it before it goes out… quality control…

5 Likes

Killin it! :clap:

6 Likes

Man i ordered 3 cheap filter rings from ebay and the tolerances on them are so tight that you cant even fit them into a tube without holding them perfectly parallel to the tube and even then you still have to tap it into place working it side to side to move a mm at a time. dont even think about running a coffee filter around them. the one from bvv was smooth as butter and i could fit a coffee filter around it with the perfect snug.

Going to want to filter further than a coffee filter

2 Likes

Thanks again @Killa12345 practically everything was sourced from you to make this happen. This was my first run before my filter plates came in. I have filter plates meow and I think a little more t5 and Silica and less de. This run started at room temp and clogged so I submerged my solvent tank in a water bath and got the bath to 120f and got a beautiful end product that tasted amazing. This was probably the best tastIng concentrate I made and even tasted. I used 70/30 and my solvent tank only got up to 90 psi. It took 24 to 36 hrs to fully purge too. I let it sit for 8hrs In the collection chamber as I slept before transferring to my oven. I observed crystallization already and by the time it finished purging I had a sheet of crystals with pools of terps in the corners. I don’t think I’ll ever do another run with out powders and clays. #tidepodchallenge

9 Likes

What did you use for filter paper? Is that sugar or did you get powder in your collection pot? Looks a bit gritty on the sides of that pyrex. I did the same thing back in the scam thread…

3 Likes

Its fats i believe, had the same thing happen to me. It was cloudy and i let it get to room temp and it was clear.
That doesnt happen when i run cold

2 Likes

Did you end up getting a sintered disc? I’ve had two runs end up with powders in the collection pot, forcing me to process the runs further. There were no holes in any filter papers and everything was well packed. I think the sintered disc may be my only recourse.

1 Like

What size filters

1 Like

Double stacked filterpaper and it helped…

1 Like

I run a 24um under the powders, followed by an 8um and then 2-2.5um.

2 Likes

And you still got powders? Dang. I’m going 25/8/1 and I haven’t had anything slip by

5 Likes

Magnesol is the finest powder at 5um, everything else is much larger and doesnt dissolve.

1 Like

Id go down to .5 um if possible

I know right? I’m kind of at a loss as to how to proceed. The worst part is there is no powders on either of the 2.5um filter papers or in the reducer funnel.

If your running warm its more than likely fats. Run cold you wont have those issues.

1 Like

If I had the papers I probably would. But I haven’t had anything get through. Not that I can see anything smaller than 1 micron. But non of the powders I’m currently using will get by. I’m finishing with a tiny bit of celite to catch everything, then my papers.

5 Likes

That cellite is key

4 Likes