Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Believe silica is what filters yellow

3 Likes

Wich compound to lower your ph would you recomend ?
For cbd is more prone to isomerize than thc

Get it welded in :+1:

1 Like

T41 has a lower ph along with alumina

2 Likes

Cool doggy.

I just read it here…

Don’t cut corners pump the brakes till you can get some celite and do it right

1 Like

Link to Chart:

4 Likes

OSHA advises taking precautions with celite as it has a high crystalline silica content. Whether or not dust is getting through filters from not prepping powders, operating around celite dust could be pretty nasty for your health over time. Amorphous silica gel, alumina, and clays are described as being naturally safer due to vastly reduced crystalline silica content or not having Any in the first place (silica gel, alumina).

This is similar to why you should be using quality synthetic magnesium silicate like MagsilPR(plug), instead of “Magsil” that is naturally mined talc, talc has potential asbestos contamination because asbestos is natural magnesium silicate fiber. I’ve had several people tell me they found “Magsil” on the cheap and when they gave me the CAS number…they had bought talc.

Celite is a great filter aid for beverage and other industries, but you don’t normally smoke/vape beverages. Workers that spend time around celite dust are supposed to wear all PPE available and get check ups for lung health. At the volumes we use these concerns might take longer to manifest, but for occupational health its worth keeping in mind.

16 Likes

With that being said what do you think the safest way is to pack a CRC column?

I’ve seen the care Murphy and Dred go through to teach and I think they have great methods when followed correctly. Process Chromatography columns are normally slurry filled, so loading with a pentane slurry, or a liquid you can remove with temp/vac, would be valuable if done right…and would remove dust as well. @mr_pickles

10 Likes

what exactly do you mean when you say “more efficient and a lot more productive” ? I run 4"x48" and 6"x48" material columns depending on the job size and run a 3"x12" crc. I have tried a 4" and a 6" crc and actually like my 3" the best bc it slows things down a bit and i feel like more residence time helps with everything. I also lose a lot in my filter and the bigger I go the more I loose…however with that being said I did not wet before hand on runs where my return was not great. I have tried wetting before hand and did not notice major differences but I was also in a rush so might have missed something. I am going to use way less silica and more B80 to try and help with this and also need to set up my filter to have a flush valve to use straight solvent to flush after bc as others have said, there is a lot left in the filter after having flushed after big runs and seeing a lot more come out. here are a few fun shots from all the fun had figuring some of the CRC out.

Also wanted to ask/add info about shatter…Im not sure about all of you but I’m getting a lot of people asking for shatter again, and Im not sure if its only bc its easier to handle or there’s less out there now and some are used to it but since running the CRC filter I almost never get shatter anymore which is great by me bc I never thought of it as being a superior product. But since I have been running my CRC i would say shatter is vary dependent on the starting material and the pictures you see were one of the first couple times using CRC and was extremely pleased with the results, but I know that the flower was harvested in more of the early side of ripness so a lot of clear and cloudy heads with vary little amber heads so I am sure that helped with the lack of color/ clear looking slab and also think that helped it be a bit more stable. It did end up nucluating with time but i always thought that nucleation made concentrates taste better anyway if extraction was done properly. But my question to you all is what are some of the things you observe or do to get shatter when running CRC?

6 Likes

Lots of interest on these sizes. More Chinese “boof” plates for them smaller recitals. :joy::rofl::joy:

I only got 5x in each size to gauge interest. 1.5” and 2” 1 micron filter plates in stock!

9 Likes

How much for a 2in

2 Likes

the 1.5" is $175 shipped and the 2" is $185 shipped. Priority Mail as always on things over a lb

4 Likes

Ima need that 2in

4 Likes

ill send you a invoice…i should have the email from all the jic fittings…:joy::rofl::joy::blush:

3 Likes

For shatter you need to run cold fast and dewax for only 15min to allow for some fats to go through without affecting your color too much…I’m having issues with slabs being too stable rn making it hard to badder them up

10 Likes

14 Likes

looks like it’s going to be a white christmas boys!

5 Likes