Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

hahaha, totally agree! It’s a versatile extractor but I was thinking the exact same thing :upside_down_face:

1 Like

ive only weighed one run but I’m about to start up again and I’ll test more but 1500g powder run it gained 45gs.

I have a theory that doing a hot loop bypass to build pressure and put some fresh distilled solvent to rinse through the powder may help flush any stuck oil out. I’ll test this and report back

3 Likes

Possibility the adsorbants are adsorbing undesireables like water and pigments?

Yea definitely pigments. Didn’t think about water from the atmosphere. When I weighed it right after my run it was a couple hundred grams heavier. That’s why I think a flush of clean solvent will help with getting any last bit of stuck oil out.

Either way in the end my return % is still good and my colour is maybe a bit to clear.

3 Likes

Anything over 2:1 powder to oleoresin has just been too much for one reason or another depending on the adsorbants in use. Either flow, loss without rediculous flushing, or having to limit my run size based on the amount of adsorbants in use.

4 Likes

Yea I find 2kg/1kg oil works the best for speed/colour remedy

2 Likes

hey @Soxhlet I think I need to hit you up !

1 Like

I use 75grams of b80 per oz of oil expected

9 Likes

Interesting enough. That’s about the right ratio for media. For approximate yields.

1 Like

I got that number from using a mini ice scooper…I never weighed it I just added scoops…based on just observations I noticed when it was too little or too much…been using that scooper since…I just recently decided to weigh it

2 Likes

I use a small mason jar, lil 4oz one for measuring. I still don’t weigh either. I just use 4 parts of each and it works… I did it for a repeating and was asked for it

5 Likes

Ya, im lazy i use a 1/4cup scoop

4 Likes

Are you guys going for water clear? I’m told to make it clear/yellow. 75g/oz is about 700gs more than I’m doing

1 Like

Yea I do, for the most part. If a weensy bit gets through I don’t fret much.

2 Likes

Hey all. I’m going to be opening sales to the public pretty soon for our new BHO C.R.V.

• Agitation, no motors
  • Temperature control
  • Safe and controlled addition of adsorbants
  • As large a volume as you need, initial models will hold about 55 L
  • Can accommodate both color remediation and dewax processes in the same vessel
  • easy and fast filter cleaning and replacement
20 Likes

is that anything like a Honda CRV? :rofl::joy:

lol sorry bro I had to take that opportunity

2 Likes

When’s show and tell? I should be back on that side soon.

1 Like

yeah man you just open blast in the back of your honda while driving around to aggitate

@BG305 I want her looking as beautiful as I know she can be before posting pics. You’re welcome to come down to the shop and take a sneak peak though!

9 Likes

anyone try these filters that go around the gasket yet ?they go Down to 5u could that stop most of the powder ?then put a 1u filter under that.my thought is it would make the pre packing and filter swaps easier

6 Likes

Where do you get those

1 Like