Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

In turn forcing it to spread out and go through all the media and not channel

6 Likes

I put less t5 this push. Pretty yellow but not clear.

Instead of pouring out i just kept going. If it got darker ill know im doung something wrong.
I also added more aa and silica. Deleted the magnasol.

And my flow has slowed alot. Might be from adding more celite…

Kinda sad none of the stuff i though would be clear didnt turn clear.

6 Likes

Whats the difference between activated charcoal and activated hardwood carbon.

Has anyone every ran old beat up material and got nothing back.

Maybe i used to much hardwood carbon

3 Likes

I also am noticing that the faster i let my solvent flow thru the more gold i get in the finished product. @Killa12345 is correct in his assumption in that the T5 is slowing down the flow and letting the powders do their majic. I’m going to just crack my lower ball valve and see how it affects the color. I also want to flip my T5 and silica ratio to see what affects it has.

6 Likes

T-5 swaps out 2H+ for the Mg2+ in chlorophyll effectively bleaching it but not holding any color on itself.

6 Likes

I’m going to be trying to utilize this linked topic method to help keep things from getting derailed on replies I make that are kinda a topic in themselves. I realized after I read the faq again for fun we could’ve saved this thread like 1500 posts if we’d done it the way the faq asks us too lol

6 Likes

So are you saying the t5 bleaches, and whatever media is under it grabs the colour that the t5 has “bleached out”?

1 Like

No, I’m saying the t-5 bleaches without necessarily adsorbing the whole pigment molecule. If you wanted to catch chlorophyll after the t-5 you would need something like carbon, or c18, or celite (if it’s super cold conditions). The magnesium ion in the chlorophyll is what gives it the color, t-5 removes that so if you’d like a way to remove the empty shell of chlorophyll you’ll have to drop it out in some way.

6 Likes

A perfect example of why i wish i had more formal education in this space . For those of us without proper education we will instantly think it’s not doing much based on a visual inspection but as you just explained the science is completely sound that it works.

I’ve ran celite under my t5. It gained 0g in weigh while the filter media combined weighed an extra 100g. So celite didn’t grab any empty cells itself.

4 Likes

I had 700g of really bad material to run
Came out like brown tacky crap the other time i tried it.

I used
Top to bottom
.66 cups celite
1.5 cups aa
1.5 cups silica 60
.5 cups hardwood carbon
1 cup t5

I got nothing back except the 5ml terps i put in collection pot.

I think hardwood carbon grabbed everything.

4 Likes

Think it could have been preran material?

2 Likes

As long as you didnt use equal amounts carbon powder to extract ratio, you can be sure that the carbon didnt adsorb all your extract.

More likely what dred said.

1 Like

Im pretty sure it wasnt pre ran. If t41 is a 10% activated charcoal. I used way to much

1 cup t5 to .5 cups hwc. That is 40% more than t41 if my math is rite. I didnr expect a large return, maybe 7%.

i gotta ask @sonicgardens…i know it is more work but why dont you weigh any of these powders out so you have a repeatable amount to go by. I know a cup is a measurement but this stuff is fluffy and after breaking up a 100+kg in 48 hours i realized 850g and 1000g can be the same 9 scoops. Sometimes the amounts are different and your leaving yourself a huge standard deviation to work with.

Its just a suggestion so you have a repeatable method every single time thats precise.

11 Likes

I’m about to get my first run on dry ice now to start the process. some tips i’ve picked up from your discussions.

• attach the material column to the filter spool and pack the material directly onto the top filter medium.
    *i won’t do a stall but I will bottleneck the flow by leaving the ball valve 50% closed to increase contact time with the filter.

would anyone like to share how long it should take for the solvent to flow through the filter and into the recovery pot from dry ice packed material column to dry ice slurry buried recovery pot? i keep reading mixed responses of if it slows down the flow.

bottom 1 cup t5
middle 1 cup silicia
top 1 cup magnesol

Filter is a 3 x 6" column. I’ll be running 6lbs of solvent through a 3 x 24 column. im kinda worried about it locking up for an extended period of time and ruining my entire friday-saturday morning.

1 Like

no de or celite???

1 Like

Are you going to be able to isolate your powders. If not i would go with .5 of each and change them out every run

1 Like

Nvr thought about weighing the powders. Those are very valid points

3 Likes