From top to bottom
Celite
Activated Alumina
T5
B80
Bleaching clay
Magsil
Celite

I wasn’t sure what to use so I threw it all in there. My next attempt I’m just gonna use celite and B80. The bag of B80 was super cheap if that gets the job done I’ll be pretty happy. I’m gonna order some silica 60 and play with that too.

5 Likes

I ran the same stuff before one came out soupy af one shatter like a mf…only thing i changed was the type of buchner i used…if vacumn is not strong enough ull end up with fine sediment in ur extract or it will come out a soup…all the good stuff will remain adsorbed on the clay and cellite

3 Likes

Regardless of filter pore size?

0 Likes

What are u using?

1 Like

1-3 um over a 5 um sintered disk, only back pressure.

0 Likes

Ive only gone to 22 um …maybe u are going too steep…i guess just try it out see what happens…however i used 8 micron and 22 um and didnt notice any difference in consistency or color

0 Likes

Not my best but figured I’d take one of those photos

21 Likes

That looks amazing!

1 Like

GreAt work,

2 Likes

Looks a Win there ^^^^^^^^^

2 Likes

BeforeBefore

After

11 Likes

Looked like a warm acetone wash in the beforebefore pic :joy:

1 Like

Some of our adsorbants are rated to 20 um particle size

0 Likes

That’s so rad

2 Likes

Its 3 year old trim that was left in a warehouse and forgotten about i figured if it clean that up it can clean anything up.

2 Likes

So I realized the sintered disk is getting clogged at the bottom . I’ve separated the disk from touching media all together with coffee filter . Still got clogged . I’m pretty sure it’s the disk all together . Can I use silicate for flow ?

0 Likes

Looks like top shelf now :metal:

0 Likes

You should try cleaning it out and see if that helps. I haven’t used a disc yet in any of my filtration, I’m just using papers

1 Like

And u set that media directly on papers…what’s size paper do u let touch the media?

And everyone gets a paper or just first media

0 Likes

What did you use in what order? Holy smokes that’s crazy

1 Like