Position filled: Cultivation Manager for Cannabis Micro-business in Massachusetts

My friends just lost their Executive Vice President of Cultivation just prior to receiving provisional licensure by the Cannabis Control Commission in Massachusetts.

I want to bring this opportunity to be involved with a start-up company to the members of Future 4200 to see if anyone has an interest in a position like this or knows anyone with interest and experience. Any interested parties can send me a DM with questions and a request for my e-mail to send their resume to. I am involved in the hiring process and will schedule a phone call for interested parties with the owners after receiving and reviewing your resume. The info below is basic and definitely not official, just trying to give an idea of what they are looking for. Once they have an official job description and application posted I will post it here.

Background:

Family-owned and operated cannabis micro business located in South Central Massachusetts awaiting provisional licensure from the Cannabis Control Commission. The application for licensure has been deemed complete, background checks are completed, and the business should be receiving provisional licensure in <3 months. This is an opportunity to assist a family-owned start-up with their cultivation needs. They are interested in bringing someone on that has experience with cultivation at scale and can function with autonomy and minimal oversight. The chosen individual would have the opportunity to bring a team of cultivation assistants to the table. Pay is competitive, higher than the industry average, and dependant on the applicants’ experience level (Could easily reach well over $100k for the right individual). Benefits are amazing with partial ownership opportunities. I can talk at length about the owners and the business plan to any interested individuals. The ideal candidate is local to Massachusetts and a down to earth genuinely good human, those willing to relocate and with experience in the legal market are definitely encouraged to discuss this opportunity further.

Job Responsibilities (unofficial & incomplete):

• Manage day to day cultivation operations of an indoor cultivation facility with 5000 square feet of flowering canopy, multiple veg rooms, breeding rooms, etc . . .

• Assisting in hiring, firing, training, and supervision of the cultivation team

• Scheduling, approval of payroll/PTO, and management of cultivation team

• Implementing & managing IPM/IPC program

• Writing and revising all operating procedures for the cultivation space

• Projection of needs of raw materials, purchasing, commercial purchase account management, etc. . .

• Everything else involved in the management of the cultivation aspect of the business… (those experienced in cultivation management know what is typically required of them)

Requested experience (unofficial & incomplete):

• 2+ years in a management role at your place of business, preferably cannabis cultivation related
  • Experience working in a licensed cannabis cultivation facility
  • Experience working in a highly regulated industry
  • Knowledge of Massachusetts adult-use cannabis laws and regulations

I look forward to talking to all interested individuals

5 Likes

What’s salary? Profit sharing? Equity? Bonuses?

2 Likes

@anon16547145

Pay is competitive, higher than the industry average, and dependant on the applicants’ experience level (Could easily reach well over $100k for the right individual)

The hired individual would have equity in the company that could be negotiated during hiring.

Bonuses are always considered

3 Likes

good luck, hope you find a good fit

2 Likes

Thank you @CannaQuantum, we hope so too

1 Like

Very interested dont have experience in the business but wanna get my foot in the door and trying to find somewhere in massachusetts to move where I can pursue my dream of breeding new strains, have experience in cultivation, that’s what I’m looking for, and willing to help any way I can and learn

1 Like

Thank you to everyone that has sent resumes and spoke with me about this position. We have received a lot of great applicants. The position has been filled. We will be hiring for a variety of other positions in the near future. I will post about them with job descriptions when the time comes.

2 Likes

please check your DM :slight_smile: i am local to you guys

i am maxed on daily DM LOL will dm you soon :slight_smile:

We have complete planting technology, which can improve the effective content of cannabis

What an odd post.

5 Likes

Digging up two year old posts is apparently the new way to launch a product or service🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Nvm xD trippy

Yeah feels off.

Me and simon are launching our new product to improve the effective content of cannabis. Anyone interested please dm the project manager @Pattypan01 for free clones

3 Likes

This isn’t the way, @simon

1 Like

Thank you my friend