Importing CBD products to Japan

I am currently in the process of gathering the paperwork needed for the import of CBD products into Japan. So far we have gathered everything but the neccessary certifcates/paper work to prove that it came from stalk, stem, seed. Those of you who managed to import into japan - how did you acquire this paperwork or do you have a contact that produces isolate purely from seed and stem.

Required documents
① Certificate

Document from manufacturer proving that CBD was extracted from mature cannabis stalks and seeds

Things necessary

· Document creation date

· Sign of production manager

② Component analysis report

Cannabis analysis report, THC, CBD required

Things necessary

· Analysis date

·Product name

· Signature of the person responsible for the analytical institution or the person performing the analysis

· Display of LOD is required

· Analysis method notation required

③ Photo

Photo of manufacturing raw materials

Photo of manufacturing process

Things necessary:

Photograph showing that CBD (excluding seeds) extracted from cannabis seeds is manufactured

1 Like

There’s a bunch of Japan importers on Linkedin murdering hashtags. Good chance you’ll find them. Very multi marketer types.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Squidisme, Interesting post. I’m curious as to which delivery services export CBD (with NO THC) to Japan. I’ve had contact with a few of the big name delivery services which said that their policy restricts them from exporting CBD out of USA. This seems strange to me because the shipment must go through Japan’s customs and must have the documents you’ve described in your post. If these requirements are met how are these exports being delivered if they violate the policy of the big name delivery services?
Thanks in advance!

With the price of isolate so low, is it even feasible to extract it from stalks? It seemed marginal a year ago, when prices were much higher.

Seems like more of the situation where a company says sure we extracted this from seeds and stalks whatever floats your boat.

I’ve been contacted a couple of times from Japanese companies wanting to buy my products to export over there, always assumed it was a scam

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Greetings from Toronto, Canada. I am new to the forum.

We are exploring ways to export to Japan market and look for partnerships.

I believe this is a market ready to go for products.

Good to know everybody and feel interested to begin some conversations.

Daniel

1 Like

Hi,
Would be grateful to know how you progressed with information on this process?
Thanks in advance.

I can export CBD to Japan legally and done it many times. If you have buyers in Japan interested in buying CBD, shoot me a PM let’s see what we can do together.

its legal in japan ? cbd?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Yes, it’s legal