If you had $300,000.00 to spend on distillation equipment.

There is your budget. What would you sink it into? wipe film Molecular distillation, short path, closed loop, rosin presses hahaha? I really want to stick with distillation and the realm so anything from the cheapest setup to the mac daddy and brands of equipment you may recommend.

VTA will take 186K

7 Likes

id give 10% to the best consultant I could find and skip a lot of frusturation

29 Likes

Wow this is a broad question. How about “what are you trying to accomplish”, for starts?

2 Likes

He’s got the right idea dm me if you want a build out. Or @Siosis

1 Like

There are plenty of people on this website who you can hire to answer the question. If we’re smart enough to give you the keys, we’re smart enough to charge for them :wink:

4 Likes

Can’t go wrong with a C02 and a short path setup

1 Like

For the “mac daddy” setup your going to need one more zero.

12 Likes

IMO co2 is the biggest waste of money one could advise when it comes to bang for your buck on an extraction device. Ethanol can do a FAR greater throughput for FAR less money and you still avoid all the hassles that come with a hydrocarbon buildout.

11 Likes

Distillation

So co2 vs bho vs heptane, propane, mixtures. I am going to get a consultant, but I just want a broad idea while I am narrowing it down. I am going to fly out to dirty arm farms and check them out.

1 Like

Technically true. But for 300k, an ethanol extraction rig without sacrificing quality equipment outfitting a full processing lab may be difficult to achieve. Interesting topic of what can be built in that budget.

Cls with filtration & disty setup freezers & all would be easy at the budget no problem with major yeilds just have to know what you’re doing

3 Likes

VTA is the lambo. It’s like 220-240k for their 6” though. So not a huge amount of throughput. But you’ll be getting 93-98% potencies. Otherwise a dual stage beaker and wrench will get you great throughput right at 300k.

Other than that not enough cash.

3 Likes

Took a look at the beaker and wrench 6” Stainless Steel Wiped-Film Evaporator. Really wanting to level up my distillation, and this looks lovely

70 k for a Delta cup, 175k for falling film, 45k lab society 20L fullbore, 10k for ancillary equipment.
This would easily allow for 100 lbs + per shift. This is no real research done on optimizing process for the client. Can be done much cheaper still using EToH. Using CO2 you’ll be very hard pressed to find an extractor alone which can run 100lbs in an 8 hour shift for 300K.

1 Like

Wouldn’t need a falling film for only a cup 15. Go check my last post about consulting. Apparently @Killa12345 can get you running 100 pounds a day including distillation for 30k.
I was unaware that he was actually a magician

7 Likes

They do call me magic mike. :man_shrugging:t3: Comes from something else though. :shushing_face:

10 Likes

Is it cause you bite ears off?:man_shrugging:t3:

9 Likes

I run a cup 15 everyday right now. I can assure you I need a falling film to touch the throughput my cup can handle. Using a spray-vap now with solute being pre warmed to 106f the machine can only handle 28L an hour.