I would love some advice on what to do.

Hi. So I did a quick ethanol wash of likw 2- 2.5 oz of pretty shit flower. It was probably 15% TAC at best. I did the wash really lazily. I dont have access to my rotovap, vacuum funnel, any kind of filters past a cheese cloth, and no access to chillers/freezers so the quality is not great. Originally I was going to decarb the flower and then do the run, but I got excited and just sent it without decarbing. Now I have a mason jar that is slowly evaporating at room temp. Im not used to doing runs with this low tech so Im not quite sure what is going on. There is some kind of separation going on in the jar. Im thinking it will separate into waxes/ oils, terps/water, and then cannabinoids. I am kind of hoping that it will crystallize and I can do something with that but im not sure how to do the separations of the layers and how to clean it up without my lab. Any kind of help/ advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance!!

Without proper filtration you are going to end up with plant matter in your end product. You can try to dewax the ethanol solution and filter out the waxes. Also, you need a rotovap or other device to remove the ethanol.

In regards to crystalization I found @Homegrown34 post helpful.

"If the solution was saturated and then brought down to cyro temps and allowed to evaporate slowly over a course of a month you’ll get some crystallization. The most important factor on the crystals forming I think is getting the alcohol to slowly evaporate with out pulling water in from the atmosphere. You could also try dropping dry ice into the solution in hopes the co2 will bind to the alcohol and cause the thc to precipitate out. The most important thing is getting your solution saturated or super saturated and evaporating slowly

I recommend watching a few videos on crystallization there are a few goods ones that explain how crystallization works in a solution and ways you can achieve this."

4 Likes