I have IPA 99% USP

Found 4 drums of IPA 99% USP first come first served

How much? Dmed. I want em

Ya’ll should follow Christ‘s lead and serve others instead of price gouging a $400 barrel of iso for $1630…

6 Likes

If you can get IPA 99% USP for 400 a drum right now. I’ll buy from you. We’re not price gouging however the market has dried up and our cost has shot through the roof

1 Like

Ok, so you are being price gouged by someone. Have you properly reported that to the appropriate authorities, or are you just passing on the screwing? A 4x increase in price on iso right now is very clearly illegal. It’s not called supply and demand during a pandemic, it’s called price gouging…

6 Likes

Get creative about it and make it.

Anyone here considered synthesizing iso?

Looks damn straightforward to me.

2 Likes

Sounds like you need a new connect

So who can quote me on IPA 99% USP, It looks as if my current supplier is taking advantage of me

Can you quote me on IPA 99% USP

1 Like

Who should i report this to?

BAM

MY iso plug

If anyone can help me figure out how to ship, I have 9-5 gallon jugs of 99% isopropyl. $100 for the iso plus whatever shipping is

1 Like

Man we looked into this but the HazMat fine if you get busted is huge. Like 6 figure huge. I would just put them up on craigslist in your area and I bet you’ll sell them in no time. Be careful with the ad though, if you say alcohol or hand sanitizer it will be auto flagged.

As an aside anyone who is Northern Cali…our shop is in Eureka in Humboldt and we’ve got 1s and 5s left. About 20 of each.

I bought out the last IPA that Carbon Chemistry had and it arrived on Friday. We sold 80 gallons yesterday. :sunglasses:

1 Like

You should follow Christ’s lead and not try to buy every drop of iso :thinking:… or or or turn those 5 barrels into 6 hundred, cause that’s wjwd. ahhhhh aren’t ‘morals’ a motherfucker?

1 Like

The best price I saw was around $700 for a 55 gallon drum isopropyl. And that’s high it’s definitely gone up. Recently
food grade ethanol is 1900 for 55 gallons. It used to be 700

If you put them all in quart bottles, you can work around hazmat issues.

just have to pay a $35 hazmat fee for shipping

lol, two things. One, I’m not christian and definitely do not follow christ. Nor do i put that bullshit on my website as part of my mission statement unlike the OP.

Two, I sell bulk solvents to those in need. one barrel was getting donated to my local hospital, the others would be sold for well under $1000 to those making hand sanitizer for resale.

thanks for your input and assumptions though.

1 Like

I’ve got food grade 200 proof USP ethanol for $1600 all day. HMU

also, ethanol was never $700, excise tax alone is $300 on the low end

1 Like

$400 per drum is not in the market right now for IPA 99% USP. Last week, Tech grade IPA 99% was going to $2.25 - $2.50 per lbs in drums. The major IPA manufacturers are sold out, Dow, Exxon, BASF and the the same is for international sources.