How to infuse north Atlantic blue crab with thc

you could have a spectrum of dosed butter from 10 mg cups-100 mg cups. you’d probably want to cut the dosage to less than 100mg max, most people who don’t regularly consume thc will be happy with 10 mg total. probably want to have some info your diners can read in order to give the best experience.

2 Likes

I’ve come across this problem before when making fruity Pebble treats and brownies stuff like that I typically used flour before this drought happened and people in the east coast are not allowed to have flour unless they buy it from the dispensary for 300 an ounce but anyway I managed to come across like 700 grams of distillate I’ve already used about 250 grams of it for carts but I want to use it for cooking but I have no way to know how cure it was it has Amber Sheen to it not that gold looking stuff I see ppl with how can I figure out how many milligrams of distillate per serving if let’s say my doses were 15 a tray how much distillate would you recommend putting in a batch of fruity Pebble treats and if it was 15 doses for a tray how could you figure out how many milligrams each doses for labeling purposes there’s got to be some kind of mathematical equation here to help me

So, I’d be more than happy to brainstorm with you through the whole process. It sounds really cool and I’m especially fond of the idea of marketing saleable infusion kits.

I don’t know much about the legal landscape, but business concepts are my strong point, especially those involving food.

@Demontrich I didn’t realize you were a chef too. Nice to see a fellow kitchen chemist out here. Didn’t get the degree because they changed the program on me at the last second, but got all my certs up to Chef de Manger(edit: been a few years lol Chef de Cuisine is what I topped at) and have around 10yrs of experience between the line and kitchen management. Definitely a stress filled career choice lol

My issue in this case is I don’t have much experience with most varied seafood since I’ve always been in landlocked states. Still thinking infuse after cooking, boiling in it just doesn’t sound like it’d accomplish much because I’m assuming very little of the boiling liquid makes it into the crab.

As far as dosing… First question is do you know the potency of your distillate?

Really it’s probably simpler than all that. Just plug values into: %thc/100*#ml*1000mg/#doses=mg per dose.

Also, you mentioned smoking and possibly eating other infused snacks, so you need to account for the total thc a person might be able to ingest between all available snacks within a 4hr period or so. The smoking isn’t such a huge deal, but edibles can build up quickly and end unhappily. I’ve made that mistake already.

3 Likes

Sounds awesome! I’d love to try when you figure it out. I have a home in the OBX and would certainly love to come check everything out

2 Likes

What if he sold cbd ice cream for the lightweights.

2 Likes

@Cannacrabber I just realized you mentioned you didn’t know how cure(pure) it was. I’m actually working with essentially the same concept when I make edibles. I’ll shoot you a dm.

@GroovyOctopusLabs I’m not sure I understand what you mean? Unless you’re suggesting, on the lines of the different potency dipping sauces, he could even have a thc free sauce for real lightweights who could enjoy their dose as a dessert?

2 Likes

All for this

Okay so I’ve been thinking and experimenting with different things like coconut oil and distillate I know butter is not as fat soluble as coconut oil so as far as potency of butter goes what would the ideal starting material be distillate would be fairly easy since I have that already but I have no way of getting it tested for potency levels has anyone seeing that red stuff that dirty ant farm makes anabolic something I was thinking when I sell a cannacrab feast I could do the butter and sort of like a shot or tinature for every ticket so you get like a certain amount of butter a shot glass with some of that red stuff in it the sip with your crabs and take all of the by product decarboxylated flower that I acquire over the next two months and mix it with the seasoning that I put on the crab I first think about how that would look with Jo spice and decarboxylated mud weed you know how it looks like s*** kinda after it’s strained so maybe for a little bit of smoke and mirrors chop up some bright green herbs or trim ideally trim because I would like to be fully transparent that’s why I love this forum I want to thank everybody for your insight and ideas you’re helping me with quality control!!! I would really love to have a bushel of crab shipped out to one of the next GoodLife gang meetups if there’s one on the east coast ever. I’m working with a friend in Colorado and kicking ideas around about having a catered event out there just to kind of spread the word about canacraber it wouldn’t be about making money I know it might seem like a bloop on the radar to the Cannabis world as a whole but if you’re from Baltimore Maryland or anywhere in the tri-state you know how much crabs mean to Maryland culture and I’m frankly sick of alcoholism controlling that market. I am the crab plug single source I want my regular weed customers to be able to experience crabs the way I want experience crabs from a red-eyed perspective

1 Like

:joy: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: This might be the funniest thread ive seen on here so far.

Homie you gotta slow down! The energy and drive is awesome, but its clear you are not totally researched and practiced onthe dynamics of cannabinoid processing and formulation.

First off, any injection of cannabinoid serum into any media, without homogenization, will contain hot spots. Plus any additional cooking has the potential to leak or degrade anything you infuse, not to mention when the person dips or lathers it in butter, it may re-extract anything you cooked (in a highly aqueous solution) and be lost on the non-edibles/ plate

Steam your crabs in beer all you want, but dont expect it to impart any cannabinoid infusion. The THC will stay in the water.

Not only that, but boiling any solution of cannabinoid-infused beer will almost guaranteed disrupt any emulsification, so most likely any THC will immediately fall out of solution, stick to the walls, and burn.

This, this, and an extra dose of this! if youre feeding people an infused product then you need to be 1000% up on you analysis and formulation technique. It sounds like a ton of fun until some housewife takes way to much and has a panic attack. Not to mention some pesticide/metal/solvent contamination. Its a lot of liability. Not saying its not a cool idea, just needs to be meticulously planned and executed.

Theoretically, wouldnt any cannabinoid infusion be subject to potential isomerization brought by the acidic ingredients? maybe not if quickly consumed, but some time and heat may do it. It would be hard to be sure what the specific reaction products would be…

I guess you could do an LLE extraction of said infused butter to get a test sampe… hmmm

1 Like

This whole idea is Ludacris

4 Likes

I know I need to slow down and I have I was balls to the walls at this project becoming my primary income source as seasonal commercial fishing is my primary source of income hint hint :wink: primary but I’m not. I’m trying to have a local crab feast I already do those my father has a food truck so as far as selling food products legally I’m covered with that being said any type of infusing with cannabis in Maryland is not legal and have no idea how they’re going to regulate it yet I believe in 6 months something is going to happen in that department so where people are allowed to edibles like Rice krispie treats and brownies etc but as of right now all we can do is buy Taffy not even gummies I don’t think that’s not why I came to the forum about legalities but they are concerned for me down the road when I get a LLC for the specific business the tour guide business of it but I’m probably going to have a 20-person crab feast where I’m infuse the crab and have some snowballs on a private island it’s about $50 to go to all you can eat crab feast currently I’ve been working with a local dispensary as far as client base and the actual dispensing of the doses one would have to register through the dispensary for a trip full list of illegal and I would have to be a registered patient caregiver which wouldn’t be a big deal but I’m sure somebody’s going to get mad and see what I’m doing and try to rain on My parade.just like the guy with the giant bungee cord machine he wants to make money off of people and not get sued so you sign a waiver to protect yourself at the same time having a 5 mill dollar umbrella insurance just in case . The only reason a small buisness like this could work is because I’m going to make money regardless as long as I can still catch crabs but I’m on a mission to change the way people eat crabs. I still work 6 days a week and this year I probably won’t even do any tours outside of maybe taking five people out on the :sailboat: but essentially I would like to have a feast on 7/10/19 me and my wife just got married on 420 2019 so if you can’t tell cannabis is not only my medicine it is a part of my everyday life it’s not about getting rich to me it’s about helping through my part and changing people’s attitudes about this plant that saved my life yeah there’s a drought and opportunities for people to grow and make tons of money in black market I played that game for a long time and got in trouble. On the east coast it’s a good rush . I do a little bit of research not enough I admit. I also know a little about history. Most ppl trying to get rich in the gold Rush didn’t get rich. The ones selling the picks and shovels did!!! This site is going to get my pick and shovel game on fleek!!! I’m buying a home this year just had a baby a couple days ago . This project is to help get more buisness to my local dispensary . Every trip I book a trip ,if a client is not legal we will fill out all medical cannabis info online with a tablet we provide through the dispensary. There has to be at least one mmc cardholder to book a trip. By having a fun day associated with eating crabs and enjoying cannabis, I will inturn be sure that they are legal and can fly like a :eagle: eagle .

2 Likes

All I’m saying is if I were out there I’d be stoked for a crab feast, hell I might even dip a few bites in some cannabutter. But theres absolutely no fucking way I’m touching a cannabis infused crab. I’m not trying to puke! To infuse the entire crab homogeneously would require too heavy of a dose for myself and most people.

If you want to rely on cannabis to hype up your product, try something more inline with the culinary side of things. Find strains of herb that will compliment the dish. Extract the terpenes from the strain and steam them into the crab. Dont use non cannabis derived Terps!

:v: Your favorite forum dweller,
A36

5 Likes

You should check out other chefs that are cooking with thc and see how they’re implementing it into the foods

2 Likes

Keep in mind that generally salt water is federal water. if you are going to be transporting cannabinoids via boat to this island you will need to cover your ass legally

5 Likes

A restaurant guy in Maine got a lot of shit for getting lobster high before dropping them in the pot. I believe he was smoking them out somehow. He felt it was more humane. Lol.

4 Likes
  1. Fuck Yes! I’m just north of Annapolis, MD. Been lurking for a bit here have expiremented a lot, and this post pushed me over the edge to sign up. I understand your Maryland law pains. I’m also an outdoorsmen, cook, and 420 fan. Thanks to the F4200 mods for providing this space.

2. I have done exactly your recommendations… cooked crabs and dipped in canna butter… not bad but I agree it’s not that wow expirence… in the past when I made a meal for friends i put a little thc in several dishes and let the consumer sort out how much or little they wanted. (Thc drinks always the best imo bc ppl can drink as much as they want and move on… also fast acting)

3. I think it’s a wild idea but hell im 100% in to help. Can i come up with some drinks? PM me.

4. THC beer is possible but 2 things… 1. Cold temps make it hard to infuse and remain homogeneous. 2. That’s a lot of work just to boil it. I’d say hot box the crabs if u want that expirence. I’ve
    smoked meats and crabcakes before that turned out well. Not getting me super stoned but the butter and lemonade sure af did!

1 Like

Seriously, investigate federal lines.

A coworker had to drive two hours back to Yosemite last year because she was invited to show up at the courthouse right there at the park for getting busted smoking a joint.

National park means 215 and 64 didn’t apply, and they didn’t want to hear any of it

5 Likes

Unless an animal has an endocannaboid(sp) system, no amount of marijuana will do a thing to the animal.

A living creature must have that, or mj is useless to it.

1 Like

be careful when infusing into coconut oil, i found it alot easier to make mistakes with than the traditional butter method. i had a batch get very hot very fast on me :sweat_smile: . when done right this has always been superior in potency for me :bomb::boom:

1 Like

First and foremost I want to thank everybody on this feed for taking the time out to read all my shenanigans a video of a lot of my shenanigans as well and if anyone wants to see me and kind of the catalyst for this idea in real life you can file me on Instagram rosedalesfinest_veenarellis I’m going to change it to canna crabber soon and as much as I want the idea to be based around the infusing of the crab I’m also selling an experience I’m giving normal people a taste of the commercial crab worldwithout the headaches that I have to deal with like maintaining a boat a commercial crab license a place to keep the boat fuel etcI just know a lot of studies have shown bright green colors affect people’s brains in retail settings that’s why I McDonald’s signs are yellow and red so I figured get a boat painted bright green make all my Crab pot floats bright green all my pots bright green and people would basically get a farm to the table experience with seafood alone I imagine that would be an experience people would like to try but then when you take the cannabis in the next you sprinkle a little kief around and then the magic starts happeningI wanted to point out something about the way we steamed crabs in Maryland we put the season on top of the crab put in a steam pot and in commercial settings it’s fed by a boiler and a steam system where hose goes right in the back of the pot with the steam already created if I have already decarboxylated weed and mix it with the seasoning that I put on the outside of the shell essentially it will get on my fingers flavor the crab meat durring the steaming and overall add to the grovieness of the trip