How to get into settings to up roto bath temp?

So I’ve got an AI 20L that I just started using and the damn things temp maxes at 100C… anyone know how to get into the settings to change is so I can put it up to 150C

3 Likes

Someone mentioned somewhere here that if you call them and they don’t think you’ll be burning the lab down, AI will tell you how to override it

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s stupid Easter weekend… but I’ll have to try that if someone doesn’t have an answer for me before Monday/tuesday

1 Like

It’s been discussed a couple times but I think it’s a little different depending on which controller. Certainly lots of people have done it, hopefully someone can chime in

1 Like

You push in the dial and scroll thru until you get to the max temp setting then just change it. Thats how it was on my 20, 10 and 5 there the older models but id imagine its the same program. Across will tell you as long as they know that you know you cant run water at that temp

2 Likes

When I hold the dial in it goes to:
Ln

And if I turn the dial at that point the digits change

Its been 5+yrs since i did it last so it might be different on your model or maybe you have to keep pushing it to change to different settings. They will tell you but doesnt help you now. Im not there otherwise id play with mine and see

1 Like

Yeah I’m at a total loss… wish this was simple to figure out

Can you not change the temp when the 100 is flashing?

Only down, maxed at 100

Ya i dont know, mine were done a long time ago. Check out there manual if you haven’t it might tell you.

Successs!!

Hold til:

Ln

Set to

Click until
SPX

Set to desired temp

All it took was me sitting down and going from 0000-0009 to figure it out thankfully lol

6 Likes

Nice. It changes everything being able to decarb in the roto, haven’t done it any other way in yrs

1 Like

I’m upgrading to a reactor in the future, but for now, yes, what a difference it makes to be able to decarb/devol in the roto

1 Like

I still prefer the roto, no transfer loss and i can do more faster than the reactor. At least in my experience

Will be ffe feeding - reactor feeding - wiper

Ya thats way better then

thanks for posting this im sure i was only a week or 2 from searching the forum, what fluid do you use in your bath?

2 Likes

Duratherm S is what use, been using the same 10 gallons for yrs. The price had gone way up so you might find a better cheaper alternative but the duratherm will last along time

1 Like

No transfer loss? You can suck up 100% of the decarbed oil from the input tube?