How to convert THCA to CBN

Yeah I thought I saw your name on it!

Really hoping someone shares a method that doesn’t involve iodine or oven tek. That information is publicly available and sourcing iodine is going to raise red flags to do any sort of scale.

1 Like

Yeah that’s me lol, There will be one from @anon93688 added after Monday if I’m correct

2 Likes

The GLG method uses sulphur and tbh I wouldnt try it without an actual organic chemist to help me.

Bleach trap with liquid nitrogen? No thank you.

Plus sulphur is like iodine and idk I’d have to do extensive testing to make sure its clean so I dont hurt someone.

Kinda a bitch.

2 Likes

I have a degree in chemistry and polymer synthesis experience, but that’s a whole different thing than being a real synthetic chemist - I’m excited to see the SOP and decide if it’s something I’d be comfortable trying if I found a suitable lab to work in. My work lab can pretty much handle distillation, small chromatography and ultrasonic stuff.

Sulfur isn’t DEA list 1 as far as I can tell, and it’s cheap, so that’s a huge advantage over iodine in my opinion.

With all of this CBN stuff, the mystery peaks we are seeing is definitely concerning…

5 Likes

Real synthetic chemistry is about learning to deal with 90%+ failure rates. You spent hours identifying potential methods, only to realize it doesn’t work. Then you see a small amount of success and you spent a month optimizing the reaction. It may or may not work then.

So you move on.

If I’ve learned anything from my training…its how to deal with failure.

25 Likes

A pretty solid summary of modern science. Guess, fail, learn from the failure, try again

15 Likes

Hey Trueterpenes, I cant see this links, can you send me again?

im interested

Dm me

Comments like that make me miss my old days as an analytical chemist with my trusty GC-MS by my side.

The chromatogram looks different…What’s that peak?

Every chemstation library you can buy: [molecule, 99%]

I have a process that gets 88% conversion. No solvents. I also have several flash chromatography units. Dm me.

1 Like

I have one that is solventless, and very controlled.

So you’re flashing just your oil mind elaborating how long that process takes?

Not flashing dude. I am mostly running process for toll processing, and or tech sale.

Process is relatively quick.

1 Like

You literally said you have several flash units up there…

If it’s solventless then that means it’s just your oil you’re refluxing correct? You’re not suspended in a solvent no?

If there is no solvent for suspension & no need for chemical reaction ? But you say relatively quick. I’m curious as I’ve written a few sops for forced reaction cbn conversion, also studied & written my own for flash column, oven, etc. so again no solvent you say?

Oh my bad. I misunderstood what you said. Yes I have flash units. So post process we can go to isolate grade if needed. The conversation process is how I pay the bills though so I can’t say much about it. I’m tolling, as well as licensing the tech.

If you can’t be transparent on your process how do you expect to get anyone to be interested in your tek? I have my i2 sop posted open to glg members & any of them Can ask me a question for a simple answer, but a consult is what pays the bills. Being transparent is what brings them in.

7 Likes

Curious but what are you guys getting as a price per kilo of CBN distillate at roughly 80%?

Ranges per catalyst