How many slabs till I get a zl1

Yeah, they have two models the manual vert and the auto vert. Then they have the C8 R.

1 Like

They all look nice. It looks like the c8 has Lamborghini tail lights. The c8r looks insane just like the c6r and c7r.

The like the blue interior. They had a release party down here in Florida.

It’s a lot of car for 70-85k

1 Like

yeah id say so price aint too ridic for what your getting thats forsure(not that i could afford one right now) but yeah they do have that lambo look to them from behind

1 Like

They definitely made it look exotic, finally. I imagine it should run with a TT kit on it, 0-60 times are good stock. The videos I saw shows them dropping the top on the move which would be sweet.

2 Likes

maybe i can pull up in a 2020 model in 2030 :rofl:

3 Likes

I think the top can come off in 15 seconds while driving up to 30mph

Cool thing about the coupe is it’s a targa top as well

3 Likes

Yeah, they both verts but the auto vert looks mo beta with the top down. :muscle::muscle::muscle:

1 Like

For my budget oriented self I had plans to either build a widebody c6 and build a twin turbo setup but the problem is the rear end and transmissions. Could go with a custom solid rear and a very expensive tranny. Then there’s the early gen dodge viper gts I’ve always had a crush on. Those are sweet but Chevy had to go and come out with this mid engine c8

3 Likes

They are making vettes more like Ferrari and lamb’s vs the old styles

I don’t know if I’d say they are making them “like” Ferraris and other high end mid engine cars just because its mid engine but it’s clear the Vette is now going after a higher tier of sports car enthusiast. The new mid engine design really shakes things up in this price to performance ratio. I can now envision myself driving around a 1500hp mid engine c8 for about 70k. The only other way to get into something that cheap was to build a kit car like a Factory Five GTM with a donor Vette. 50-60k for a used c8 in a few years 10-20k for a custom built tt setup and accessories lol.

Body styling only.

Just seen a preproduction vette cruising around last weekend. It’s very apparent they are heading into the more stealth (sharp lines) vs smooth flowing curved lines.

One good thing living near the GM tech center, I see all kinds of preproduction cars driving around.

And the “cow” wrap does zero to fool my eyes. But it fools cameras.

2 Likes

I think it ain’t half bad especially when a new 4 door ram with a Cummings is 70k also

2 Likes

Those c8 are so nice… I honestly think that would be a little to much flash for me for the weekend… I could get away with a camaro decked because most people don’t think of them as so expensive, but a new vette, thats when my people gonna start getting pissed and think n I’m making to much money… my neighbors are already hate n because I don’t have to 9-5

My wife now is the first woman that supports me not having a real 9-5. Every other woman ive ever dated in my whole life would get sour over the fact that i dont answer to anyone and they would act like its not a real job. Even my wife now sorta takes it for granted that im home most hours of the day and she expects since im home i can do household shit. LOL.

Im glad ive been in the same house for the last 13 years and my neighbors have seen the struggle to the current status of my life. My neighbors hate me now for all the frieght trucks i have coming into the neighborhood these days and blocking the streets. i think most of my neighbors are genuinely happy for me as we all help each other out in times of need. Ive picked up neighbors from their jobs when they had broken down cars…helped change brakes and maintance on cars with my neighbors. Help during hurricanes. Most of the people in our neighborhood been here over 10 years and been threw storms and stuff together. That stuff has a way of uniting people. Glad my neighbors, wife and family really support the stuff i do these days.

6 Likes