How do you Homogenize?

please dm me that research would love to read

What are you basing the bar with? If youre using any sort of oil/fats you should be fine. Just dissolve the cannabinoids in that oil/fat and continue the recipe from there. No need for ENTIRE homogenization, not really easy with a bar consisting of fairly large size particulates, unless you blend all the ingredients together.

1 Like

Iā€™m using coconut oil or mct oil as an ingredient, so Iā€™m planning on dissolving the isolate into the oil. I wasnā€™t sure if simply dissolving the isolate into the oil would result into a homogenous mixture, but it seems people are saying I should be fine.

My main issue at this point will be being able to evenly distribute the oil among the other ingredients so that each bar has the same amount of CBD.

The particles must be uniform in order to have a homogeneous mixture; coconut oil , MCT oil and isolate. Most are under the illusion that because the constituents are miscible uniform cannbinoid potency happens automatically, it doesnā€™t!

Weā€™ve been working with a CBD cookie manufacture in Los Angeles who purchased one of our hotplate stirrers to dissolve CBD isolate in MCT oil. When the cookies were tested for cannbinoid potency deviation, the batch came back with 40% cannabinoid potency deviation.

We suggested they employ a homogenizer after dissolving the isolate in the carrier. Nope, they use an overhead stirrer stirring the constituents for 2 hours, then into the cookie batter. The lab analysis results are still at 40% cannabinoid potency deviation.

We do have edible processors who use our homogenizes. When theyā€™re batches are test for cannbinoid potency deviation, 1%-2% potency deviation.

X1000D Homogenizer

5 Likes

Can you link to that study please.

Search results for 'metabolism @plant2pipe' - Future4200 ?!?

edit: nopeā€¦

How do you post in here?? Weā€™re having a helluva time with our water (getting it to not be bitter) and Iā€™d love some advice!!

Couple things needed to help out: Whatā€™s your loading ratio in mg/ml? Whats your surfactant to oil phase ratio? What percent of the aqueous phase is your bitter blockers?

1 Like

Try Search results for 'bitter blocker' - Future4200

Mary made some bitchin batter
Which she added to her butter
But the batter made her butter bitter
Then she learned of bitter blockers
Now her bitchin batter butterā€™s better

8 Likes

Speaking of, picture of stock solution with 6% sucrose/bitter blocker combo mixed in; nano emulsion completed after a total of 19 minutes.

1ml = 10mg cannabinoid.

6 Likes