House passes bill to allow cannabis companies access to banking services

8 Likes

Dam this is huge!

Hopefully it makes hemp easier too

3 Likes

That be back ass wards if it did not include Hemp.

5 Likes

It was never illegal for banks to deal with legal hemp companies, many banks still wouldn’t though

Hopefully this helps fixes that

1 Like

Sucks for all those companies that banked on it not opening up to banks and overcharged for something we should have equal access to…

4 Likes

They damn sure act like it is. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

This would be nice and there’s no rational reason not to allow it – but let’s see what happens in the senate.

4 Likes

:flight_arrival::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Where they get nothing done for Cannabis ever.

2 Likes

I actually believe it will pass. Not want to believe, but actually believe it will pass.

2 Likes

How many times does the house have to pass this before it finally makes law? This is like the third time

One step forward. Hopefully, the Senate will pass the bill also.

1 Like

Their plan has always been to sell their client lists to big banks, they’ll make out just fine.

The Republicans will vote for it. The only reason why this potentially won’t pass is that some Dems are up in arms about it not including social justice measures. A possible outcome is that SAFE is shelved and rolled into the MORE Act which would have a questionable chance of passing.

2 Likes

I dunno why when all license data is up for grabs.

I’d just begin a mail, dial, and email campaign and say welcome to cannabis banking.

2 Likes

Will not pass the senate. Feel good 4/20

I am no expert and don’t want to open up a endless debate so just my two cents

Farm bill made hemp legal by definition only if the plant has less thc than the farm bill requires it’s hemp if it has more it’s cannabis

Who is going to vouch for hemp? Not the bank. They don’t want to be complicit if your hemp is hot.

Plus hemp was never removed from the banking acts…banks do take the risk. I know I have multiple accounts in fact every three months I have to do paperwork and have a site visit by the bank I deal with.

I deal with loomis brinks etc they are so eager to get started this bill would allow that…they been waiting forever for safe banking act to in effect

Good things to come eventually I am tired of paying high cc fees

1 Like

If we get a big enough union behind it, biden may even sign it into law

This version of the SAFE Banking Act includes new hemp and CBD business language that should help reassure banks some, even though they shouldn’t need it. But as long as cannabis is federally illegal the biggest banks will continue to be cautious and credit card processors will continue to gauge with “high-risk” transaction fees, etc.

We’ve been using kpcu they’ve been great with us so far

If anyone is in Oklahoma and need banking Oklahoma State Bank has pretty good rates.

1 Like