Honeypot sight glass camera

I want to incorporate a small high resolution camera into a DIN fitting and turn it into a product.

Is this something anyone here would want?

2 Likes

What would this be improving on over sight glasses?

1 Like

Only thing I see is you don’t have to use a outter camera( which shouldn’t be near the extraction itself in the first place) but hey science needs proof.

@Soxhlet how you feel about a camera in the sight glass inches from purging solvent?

@Waxplug1

2 Likes

If the electronics are low power dc it wouldn’t be too bad, especially if the electronics were potted.

4 Likes

That was my other thought, if low current can be applicable for it. I don’t see it as big of an issue, especially if you have say a monitor you can see flow through said camera on instead of blocking view.

Nothing really, just makes it convenient when you want to post pictures of your dump. I know how you folks like having lots of toys.

I could machine a custom din union that you can just mount an RC camera to. You can get a 4k camera component for like $50 and run it off a raspberry pi.

I get that a process camera in this industry is kinda useless most of the time.

1 Like

So 24v is a no go?

Lol :laughing: @downtheterphole

2 Likes

The camera wouldn’t replace the sight glass, it would sit above it.

2 Likes

I was thinking within the glass itself :man_shrugging:t3::thinking:

1 Like

I think go pro might be a good start since they can be encased and durable

4 Likes

Those are already availbke, just expensive as hell.

Likely a reason for the cost. Don’t put a price on safety.

1 Like

I agree, I just think safe can be done a but cheaper.

Although i guess safety would an ever changing variable considering some folks run those china sight glasses.

Bhogarts famous words

:joy:

2 Likes

It would be great to have all the runs auto recorded no need to use your "c1d1"phone for vids anymore

2 Likes

9 Likes

$650 each, im betting I can do better than that. Problem for me would be getting it peer reviewed. I don’t got the scratch for all that.

1 Like

Money always seems to show up if you have something worth paying for…

3 Likes

Literally the best reply I’ve ever seen on this forum, made my day.

Check your welds religiously people.

3 Likes