Position filled

Decent sized Laboratory starting up. My partners and I are preparing to fund a larger operation (than initially thought) and we need a leader who can walk the talk and handle buildout of a lab they would like to have equity and long term responsibility in. This operation would have Rec in mind, but would start medical. License(s) are already obtained. Properties reviewed and available.

The team would need someone to come in with a building design / build-out approved and for it to come to reality…

The used equipment previously purchased on the forum is not in reference to this opportunity. We have a consultant for that already and different plans.

Qualified Candidates:
• 5+years of Laboratory Experience
• cGMP or GMP or relevant Pharmaceuticals working experience and Knowledge
• Able to work onsite full time
• Good Communication and interpersonal skills

Job Requirements
• Coaching several lab technicians and other lab quality professionals
• Serve as senior laboratory staff member to all laboratory personnel
• Comply with laboratory safety procedures
• Develop and manage annual laboratory and contract laboratory budgets
• Evaluate the laboratory operations team
• Authorize training for lab personnel
• Organize lab work schedule
• Ensure all laboratory activities are within compliance
• Assign training of lab personnel
• Performed in a clinical laboratory or relevant Cannabis/Hemp laboratory
• Setting up the lab, lab equipment, and tools
• Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment
• Approve laboratory standard operating procedures
• Maintain laboratory certification requirements (OMMA)
• Direct and assist with laboratory day to day operations (Purchasing / Tolling / Sales)
• Perform routine maintenance of laboratory equipment

Previous Lab References required.*
Budget is solid and will be discussed with candidates over phone.*

Please DM for consideration.

Bonus points if you can draw up plans for open field properties able to grow their own feedstock for the lab.

12 Likes

Best of luck on the search! Probably have a wook or two to send up there once you get established. :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

I’m already working full time but if you need some consulting work to help it start, feel free to dm me. I also have a partner that I consult with that knows the ins and outs of growing as well.

Located in okc

Need salary range to refer people to this post.

Also you need to list equipment you want someone qualified with as this could be a vast variety of machinery. Also type of products.

Everyone has worked with different machines and different products. Like is it solventless? All BHO? Just shatter? Shatter wax live resin? Crc? Get the point? Someone could be rocking a BHO lab and never do solventless or vice versa.

Just my 2 cents. Otherwise I can’t send this to people to call you

5 Likes

If you’re missing general extraction, distillation, chromatography equipment experience, this is most likely not for you. If you started extraction in 2014-2015 you’re a probable fit. Chemistry and conversions experience is a must. You don’t have to be the best. Some consultations and other professionals you decide are needed will be a part of your build out.

Once on the phone and understanding the budget and funding. You can state your salary request / equity demands along side a paid for draft of your property with lab. We feel it’s best to pay serious candidates for their mockups to review before investors.

I would assume this is a six figure opportunity. How you would like it is negotiable. (Equity/Salary/Benefits)
If you’re not in Oklahoma. Add your relocation assistance demands.

Experience Transitioning from Medical to Rec a Huge Qualifier

Oklahoma has a lot of open field properties available. So just imagine acres of weed available and doing a barn or building (your call) for the lab.

We will filter out phone interviews and pay for qualified candidates initial drafts for build out.

3 Likes

i think your looking for 1 in a million with that list of requirements. I cant name too many members here that know all of what your requiring let alone a friend of a friend…

over the last 2 years, i discovered the alcohol guys dont know hydrocarbons very well and vise versa. Its really gonna be a lot for most of the members here to leave whatever comfort they have and possibly work for new “green” employers.

Id be prepared to make whoever is looking for this job a equal partner otherwise your either not gonna find the talent your looking for or your going to find the talent your not looking for… You can choose…

4 Likes

Equity is readily up for discussion.
I’ve found the talent in Oregon and Oklahoma, now I’m making the ad seeing what else is out there and available. Where you lack, you have got to come with a game plan to succeed. Whether that’s Heptane/Ethanol Crude/ CLS / Conversions / HPLC / Chromatography skills. I understand you may need a team or your consults.

should be interesting… I would focus on a main product and expand from their but there are plenty of ways to skin this cat.

how good are you at these??? how are you going to determine if they are?

2 Likes

I tried to go small and focus, partners have bigger britches than me. How you phase plans out: Maybe starting crude and distillate. Then adding cls is really all up for discussion.

what backgrounds do your partners have… how long they been in the cannabis industry??

This is a mini shark tank opportunity via my partners from San Antonio. References and paid consultants will help along the way. I have a heavy hand in the process and decision making.

I’ve worked long enough with Cannabis Extraction to know what I’m looking for. I’ve have hands on shadowed experience doing all of these things except HPLC / Chromatography / Conversions and have a primary consultant in mind for that. I also have this community able to assist with this success via professional comments and concerns.

I have 20-30 Lab professionals I can call / text at a moment’s notice to aid in my decision making. Including Lab Directors I’ve approached.

I’m not good, or I’d hire me. I am looking to be one of the wook students who helped make it happen.

1 Like

that didnt really answer my question…

how long have you worked in Cannabis extraction? actual hands on experience in a lab or practice lab not working for one of the many supply companies i know you have worked for.

Ive watched enough shark tank to know they arent looking for employees on the show…its businesses and usually established business on their WITH SALES looking for investors and mentors… Your opportunity dont look like the shark tank i watch…

Now me going on shark tank looking for investors for expansion is like the show…I have sales, growth, blah blah blah… thats how the show works…

3 Likes

Yeah, I guess you could say this is a backwards shark tank looking for the talent. Where we’re the people in chairs. You come pitch us a lab with you running it.

I’ve had 1.5 years consistent hashmaking and growing experience in a labor role simultaneously, 2 years growing outside of that. For extraction mostly solventless but some cls and short path, ethanol crude, filtration. 2 years Inventory / Logistics / Management. 2-3 in Supply companies in IT / Controller roles. I’m a relocatee, so I am very blessed to have the experiences I’ve had.

My primary partner has farms in McAllen Texas for Hemp (CBG), and Indoor OMMA operation. He hopes to learn and participate in the science as well.

We have 2 other partners from San Antonio, one silent and one looking to be educated and participating.

Will be interesting to see this one play out…

Keep us all updated!

3 Likes

I wish whoever this opportunity goes to the best of luck. Anyone in a Lab Director position in Hemp that wants to go Cannabis and Hemp. This could be an opportunity to get back to making actual :fire:

1 Like

Meh…

4 Likes

Equity driven preference preferred. Presently preparing for contract attorney.

1 Like

…meh

5 Likes

I’ve been doing this since 2012 and have done it all. Co2, ethanol, butane/propane, wiped film, falling film, short path, spinning band and some little experience with chroma.